Pathfinder 1E [PAIZO] How did I miss this?!?!?

Olive

Explorer
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/2510.html

Paizo Looking at New Gaming Magazine
'Undefeated'

March 23, 2003
Paizo Publishing, publisher of Dragon, Dungeon, and Star Wars Insider magazines, is evaluating a new magazine, Undefeated, with an eye toward launch this summer. The magazine would take a broader focus than Paizo's other titles, covering miniature games, ccgs, and 20-25% of the space devoted to board games. Sample pages shown at the recently concluded GAMA Trade Show were graphics-heavy, and included lots of tips and tricks for players. Price guides will not be part of the editorial content.

The format would be the same as Paizo's other titles -- 96 pages, perfectbound, for $5.99. Distribution would be to stores servicing the game hobby only. Paizo President Johnny Wilson told ICv2 that a decision as to whether to proceed with the new magazine would be made shortly after the show.

Last edited:

tburdett

Explorer
I really hope that they don't tie up enough funds in this new magazine to endanger Dragon and/or Dungeon if (more likely when) it fails.

heirodule

First Post
Wow.

I really wish they would put this kind of content in a 75% bigger Dragon. I would guess it would be more economical for them to produce.

I suppose I would get it, if it was good. The D&D only dragion gets a bit boring at times.

Keith

First Post
Yea, that idea reeks of disaster. No offence intended to anyone involved; I'm sure a market has been identified and all. It just sounds like too much, to me. Take care of Dungeon! I have no use for Dragon, myself, but it is a nice magazine with a history, and it would be horrible to see it tank because of something like this that didn't work out. So...best of luck to them!

Eosin the Red

First Post
I think this is what their big poll was about [a month ago]. It had many questions that were about games that were only distantly related to D&D.

Remove ads