Pathfinder 1E Paizo making a decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffB

Legend
maybe the site was hacked by a rabid fan who wants them to make a decision :lol:

My prediction:

Necro will handle the 4.0 side

Paizo will stay 3.5

Clark is gung-ho for 4.0, and while Paizo crew has not said it outright, I get the feeling they are quite a bit less enthusiastic.

Snapdragyn

Explorer
Am I just crazy, or does this sort of evoke the college of cardinals choosing a new pope? I dunno, it just feels so mysterious...

Thx, made me LOL at work. :)

Fun with wild speculation: Paizo stays 3.5. The relict 3.5 becomes known as D&D PE (Pathfinder Edition). After an initial surge, 4e sales drop below PE sales by end of '09. Hasbro decides to dump the line, & Paizo become the new owners of the D&D license.

Hey, I can dream.

Rauol_Duke

First Post
timespike said:
I also wouldn't be surprised if they've been sued over something or hammered with a cease & desist, which is why they've shut down their entire site.

Huh???...

Paizo has a page that goes up when they're having technical problems or need to shut down the site for some unexpected reason (like getting sued... I guess). This page is an anticipation builder. It's special and it's up for a specific reason. :uhoh:

Virtue

First Post
I hope they do make their choice and, personally i hope they choose to stay with 3.5 and be the flagship for 3.5 (or i will stop buying most RPG products, all i would have left is M&M)

CPT_KIRSTOV

First Post
timespike said:
I really wish they hadn't shut down their entire site to do this. I wanted to access some forum threads on there today.

I have a 3 page response to watcher's tech thread ;) written out and saved on notepad right now about 1/2 way through writing it I felt weird so copied it and hit post and it came up with the goblins

PoeticJustice said:
Am I just crazy, or does this sort of evoke the college of cardinals choosing a new pope? I dunno, it just feels so mysterious...

Anyway, here's hoping they stick with 3.5! It would be nice if somebody stuck around to give me my D&D fix...
You may be onto something. Black smoke means no pope yet, white smoke means a new pope has been selected. Checking the picture.... red smoke???

WTF does that mean??

Maybe a new pope was elected but they voted to eat him while stranded in the office?
Maybe a new pope was elected, but as his first act, he burned all the other cardinals and is raising them as undead minions to lead his world conquest?
Other interpretations?

Wicht

Hero
JeffB said:
Clark is gung-ho for 4.0, and while Paizo crew has not said it outright, I get the feeling they are quite a bit less enthusiastic.

I've got that feeling too. Erik's recent comments on 4e and Greyhawk were quite telling to me. Because they were exactly the thoughts I have been having about 4e and Golarion lately.

Rumors Amok!!

Given how the decision is being drawn out soooooo long over the past few months, the Paizo staff has decided to just ignore the major players and take matters into their own hands. Yes, Erik Mona is running for President under the independent Adventuring Party.

justinsluder

First Post
Snapdragyn said:
Fun with wild speculation: Paizo stays 3.5. The relict 3.5 becomes known as D&D PE (Pathfinder Edition). After an initial surge, 4e sales drop below PE sales by end of '09. Hasbro decides to dump the line, & Paizo become the new owners of the D&D license.

Hey, I can dream.

Can I join you in your dream? Seriously.

That is my hope too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads