Paizocon News: Demon Lords, Adventure Paths, and Ultimate Wilderness

Continuing the news coming out of Paizocon this weekend (see this article for the Starfinder version of this post) I continue to report on Wolfgang Baur's live photos of the banquet presentation. In this article we see the Book of the Damned (hi Orcus!), Two new adventure paths (Ruins of Azlant and War for the Crown), and the upcoming Ultimate Wilderness hardcover which features new feats, mounts, animal companions, magic items, and a new Shifter base class.

DA4r_pCVwAAfGef.jpg

For Pathfinder: the Book of the Damned. Ships September with Orcus, Juiblex, and many others.

DA4sktrV0AAwaMk.jpg

Next Adventure Path is Ruins of Azlant; starts at Gen Con. Traditional fantasy with aboleths.

DA4tFJuUwAA08P4.jpg

War for the Crown AP starts in Taldor in 2018. A return to asskicking righteousness. Skullduggery and assassins!

DA4tsw7UQAIqvm8.jpg

Sneak peek of the new Ultimate Wilderness cover. New feats, mounts, animal companions, magic items.

DA4uLVRVYAAPJ5U.jpg

New Shifter base class in UW with full BAB and shape shifting. "Shifters are to Druids as paladins are to Clerics."

Starfox

Adventurer
The Mummy Mask adventure path uses the hexcrawl rules in chapter 3.

Yes, I'm doing that right now. Wrath of the Righteous also uses those rules. U thik other adventure paths do as well. Paizo really seems to like those rules, which is why I think they will be in the new book. They often take material published in an adventure path and later puts it in a rule book.

My only question is if it already has been put into another book; Advanced Campaign Guide had quite a bit of rules from adventure paths, but not the hexcrawl rules as far as I recall now.

Overall, I like all of this except the Book of the Damned. Ultimate Wilderness is probably too low-key and full of "friction" (in the Clausewitzian sense), but so does almost every PF book. The shifter sounds ok, tough I would have preferred a 3/4 class. If it is just a ranger with wild shape, I've already got my own archetype for that.
War of the Crown and Ruins of Azlant should both fit into my Greyhawk campaign with little problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Book of the Damned[/I][/B]
On paper this is the kind of book I will actually buy a hardcover copy of, despite no longer playing or running Pathfinder. Because details on demon lords and archdevils and the outer planes can work in any version of D&D. And with WotC not releasing a Manual of the Planes, this and hopefully future books on the good and elemental planes, will serve a similar function.
But... I already own the three Book of the Damned softcover books. While only 64-pages each, this one likely contains a good 50+ pages more content. But I'm uncertain how much of that will be the lore and details of Hell and the Abyss that I crave.

We got to add a bunch of stuff. I can't tell you what that stuff is, but trust me when I say that you'll like this book. :)

Taavon Farwise

First Post
I'm thinking and hoping that they do with this what 3.0 did for the wilderness survival guides. There's a LOT of stuff they could add or improve on not even counting even MORE arch-types, prestige classes, spells, magic items, and sooo much more!

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases