Palladium Announces New TMNT Kickstarter

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TTRPG is back with new art in a pair of deluxe hardcovers.

TMNT-RPG-Promo.jpg

Palladium Books has announced the return of the official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles roleplaying game. Out of print for decades, the 1985 game is coming back as a pair of full-colour hardcovers featuring new artwork. It will be hitting Kickstarter on October 31st and will also include miniatures, dice, and more. You can sign up to the pre-launch page here.

Westland, MI – October 13, 2023 – Palladium Books and Paramount Consumer Products have joined forces to reissue the ever-popular role-playing game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness.

The beloved, out-of-print Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles role-playing game and its sourcebooks are sought-after collector items that have enthralled generations since its release in 1985 as one of the first licensed TMNT products. They are returning to print as two deluxe hardcover collections of the RPG and sourcebooks. Each is being completely remastered by industry veteran Sean Owen Roberson and presented in full color, and Kevin Eastman, co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, will also provide a new painted cover.

Bonus material includes an array of new artwork, never before seen behind-the-scenes info and art, plus remembrances and tributes by renowned comic book and RPG creators including Eastman, Peter Laird, Freddie E. Williams II, Steven Cummings, Sophie Campbell, David Petersen and many more.

“This is incredibly exciting! I am 1000% onboard to help bring this historic and original TMNT Role Playing Game series back in a truly deluxe collector’s edition that will thrill original fans and open the door for new ones,” said Eastman. “I've made all my archives available for expanded behind-the-scenes content as well as a few top secret surprises you need to be part of. Stay tuned!”

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness Kickstarter

The Kickstarter campaign, launching October 31, 2023,
will offer a host of mind-blowing Kickstarter exclusives: TMNT miniatures based on the role-playing game, dice sets, variant book covers, art prints by legacy TMNT creatives, a card deck, and more, including special stretch goals to entice role-playing fans and TMNT fans alike. All products ship in 2024. To be among the first to hear about the entire exciting slate of releases, creators, exclusives and stretch goals to be unlocked with your support, be sure to go to the Kickstarter page and subscribe for updates.

Ninneveh

Villager
While I personally find LOM to be obnoxious and offensive, I have never seen Sean or Kevin express any offensive views or opinions in any of the interviews of their's I've watched. They are largely humble and light-hearted individuals who love making games, and their love shines through. They probably use LOM because LOM unlike 95% of rpg youtube channels focuses on Palladium content and Palladium's fanbase goes to where the Palladium content is.

Last edited:

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I'm not remotely assuming a universal consensus. My point is more, that if you want to reach the widest possible market, you at least make the appearance of neutrality; you don't potentially alienate a chunk of customers by "picking a side" so to speak.
Except companies do it all the time, and it usually works out for them. I'm not endorsing their values or even their strategy; I'm just pointing out that "choosing a side" and deliberately alienating a chunk of your audience that you didn't have a good grip on in the first place... is a strategy that's proven time and time again to make money.

Personally, it's not for me or my business. I don't have many secrets, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life trying to justify my worldview to people who think D&D's alignment system can accurately model human behavior. But a lot of businesses in general, and especially a lot of gaming businesses in particular, are making flying their flags a key part of their marketing strategy... and they can't all be Pride flags.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
While I personally find LOM to be obnoxious and offensive, I have never seen Sean or Kevin express any offensive views or opinions in any of the interviews of their's I've watched. They are largely humble and light-hearted individuals who love making games, and their love shines through.
The problem is they’re either accepting these hateful views or ignoring them. Neither is a particularly good look. I don’t care how much love the have for RPGs. I care how much empathy and basic human decency they have.

Ninneveh

Villager
The problem is they’re either accepting these hateful views or ignoring them. Neither is a particularly good look. I don’t care how much love the have for RPGs. I care how much empathy and basic human decency they have.
Kevin and Sean seem plenty empathic and decent to me. If you see their association with LOM as automatically making them devoid of such human aspects then that's your opinion and I can respect your opinion.

SpaceOtter

Drifting in otter space
An obvious example of the "I ignore it, I just wanna play." individual, is Ernie Gygax, who for the most part, was happy to roll along with NuTSR. Even if he hadn't made his own mistakes, he'd certainly still be tarnished by continued association. Rightly or wrongly, folks are judged by the company they keep.

I'll bow out though. I have no horse in this race any more as the association with folks who would happily see loved ones of mine harmed, means I'm clearly not Palladium's audience any more even though I love TMNT&OS.

Julian Kay

RPG Freelancer
A key point to bring up is that Palladium Books making this big announcement on Legion of Myth brings a lot of viewers and attention to LoM. Regardless of how civil the interviews are, or how kind they are in person, that action works work to boost LoM's streams and videos, and also encourages hateful individuals in LoM's audience to flock to their fanbase. And though you may think "hey, that's just more people, what's the downside?", bringing in those kinds of people drives out anybody offended by them, which is typically going to be the majority of your fans. I've gotten to experience this real-time in the industry, when folks I worked for didn't shut out a pack of bigots quickly enough, a lot of folks felt unsafe and generally bailed to avoid interacting with them. If you want to grow, you can't tolerate intolerance.

giant.robot

Adventurer
Wise words for more than just marketing one's game.
As a philosophical aside, tolerance is not just a state of being. It's a contract. If someone's philosophy calls for my destruction or disenfranchisement I'm under no moral or ethical obligation to tolerate that position. Doing so would be tacit support for my own distraction of disenfranchisement. No one owes tolerance to the intolerant.

aramis erak

Legend
As a philosophical aside, tolerance is not just a state of being. It's a contract. If someone's philosophy calls for my destruction or disenfranchisement I'm under no moral or ethical obligation to tolerate that position. Doing so would be tacit support for my own distraction of disenfranchisement. No one owes tolerance to the intolerant.
Except in the US, where their right to be «bleep»-«bleep»s and proud & loud about it is a guaranteed right provided it stops short of actually calling for or inciting action. Within the US, tolerance has to include all points of view, no matter how toxic, as a matter of law. Right up until they actually start acting upon those toxic ideas.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads