• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Palm Software(again), looking for advice and commentary on whats out there

gariig

First Post
Well, I found a thread over at Wizard's forum and someone posted a bunch of links to Palm software(linky at bottum). I started going through all of it, and some of them might have potential but are crippled shareware and the authors don't seem to be around anymore. I was wondering if anyone used a Palm for ANYthing D&D/D20 ready whether you are a Player or DM and what you use. It doesn't have to be a program specific to D&D it could be Documents 2 Go or Tome Raider DB(I think that's right) for example.

Gariig

Linky

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I have written a couple of apps for PalmOS

Jump Calculator: Easily calculate the distance travelled by a jump, or the DC required to make a particular jump in a couple of taps. Covers all kinds of jump and speeds 15/20/30/40/50/60ft.

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/news...d&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=127

Palm Craft Calculator: Easily calculate how long it takes to make an item of any cost, whether taking 10 or making skill rolls. Calculates the cost including mishap expenses.

(Morrus hasn't copied this across from the old archive yet)

D20Modern SRD in iSilo format, suitable for reading on PalmOS and PocketPC machines (file uploaded below)

Cheers!

Attachments

• d20modernisilo.zip
    427.2 KB · Views: 63

gariig

First Post
Thank you Plane Sailing, I stumbled across the D20 Modern last night and added it to the palm pilot. Awesome work! Just wondering if you have seen the regular SRD(D20) in some sort of Ebook format. If you happen to make a magical item creation software that'd be awesome (hint, hint :) )

Gariig

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
The D&D SRD is a bit huge for my Pilot, but I *do* have an iSilo version with all the basics - character classes, monsters, spells and so forth (although a few monsters are missing, since it was based on a very early SRD). I'm nowhere near table-fying all the D&D tables though.

I could post what I've got here if you are interested though!

Magic item creation software should be possible. I've not had to use it much in my campaign yet, but I'll have a look at the rules and see what would be the easiest way of handling it. I imagine that with the wondrous items it isn't really practical to do it via formula - numerous threads on these boards have been spawned along the line of "hey, can I create xyz? Isn't that broken!" :)

I'll let you know what I can do.

Cheers

gariig

First Post
Yeah, the basics would be awesome, that is all I really need it for..just reference material. I started reading your D20 Modern eBook...good stuff! Keep up the good work.

Gariig

Artoomis

First Post
PCGenView

PCGenView

PCGen

This is the best!! You use JAVA-based PCGen on your PC to create your character, and PCGenView as the tabletop aid to play the character - roll your dice, track hit points, cast spells, etc.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads