Paridon Book II: A Taste For Power (IC)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Let's subdue miscreant first!"

Despite his words, Eugene stops for a second to put sack in more stable location (floor? anyhow, away from the opening). He then charges shuffling figure.

kinem

Adventurer
"It will be all right. May Ezra protect and guide us." Father Berman studies the cook, trying to guess whether she's telling the truth. (ooc: sense motive +3)

"Now, let's get that list of suppliers."

Theroc

First Post
Rhiannon blinked, moving to place a hand gingerly over her mouth to conceal her nausea. After a moment, she recovered long enough to politely reply.

"My appearance favors my father, while my upbringing comes from my mother... who is not accustomed to Elvish food..."

She replied, before taking a step back to look to the others to see if they've noted anything of value.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Skyler and Eugene move swiftly. Skyler moves to engage the shambler while Eugene grabs the sack.

Skyler reaches out the grab the man's shoulder, and it gives, squeezes under his grip in a way that he did not expect. The burlap cloth that makes up his garment shifts and oozes beneath Skyler's hand.

Eugene lifts the sack. It sucks at the pipe for a moment before letting itself loose, and a stream of worms disgorges itself from the mouth of the sack, and its quivering lips. The worms spew over Eugene's pants and puddle at his feet.

[sblock=OOC]
Don't worry, I'll get to everyone else, but this needs to be handled first...[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Eugene jumps out of the pool of worms, changing his aura to fiery shield to immolate any worm that bites him (any attacker gets 4 fire damage).

If the worms remain milling around the sack he turns and goes to help Skyler. If they start behaving like some sort of super organism (swarm) he activates mage hand and closes the sack after scooping as many as possible back inside.

Rhun

First Post
Realizing that the oozing suspect could very well be the murdered, Skyler reacts, drawing Naraithus and thrusting the sword at the burlap-clad form.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
(OOC: Thanks. I've been Iron DMing as well...)

Small worm bodies curl up, writhing in agony as they burn. They make no indication of working together, only the sheer number and staggering volume of the worms indicates their greater threat.

Skyler stabs decisively into the man, a slice easier and softer than expected. The shambler screeches, and turns to face his attacker.
The face is not, in any resemblence or form, human. A round, quivering mass of flesh--if you can call it that--makes up what passes for its head. In the center of the cream-colored protuberance are three small pincers, black and shiny, clicking and shaking chaotically.

It turns and runs--or, more precisely, writhes, trying to escape down the impossibly narrowing passage.

Rhun

First Post
"Damn," swears Skyler, trying to pursue and strike again at the strange worm-being. Unfortunately, the narrow passage prevents the nobleman from going much further...

Remove ads