• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Parting Gifts: Ch 1 - Dusk - IC

Voidrazor

First Post
Hoping to buy some time, Haessellekh falls back in the direction fot he wall and draws a three-dimensional figure in the air composed of sickly green, glowing, spidery script. The figure is roughly cubical in shape but largely empty, the interior negative space forming a perfect sphere.

OOC: Casts Resilient Sphere. I'm not sure if H. would receive the +2 bonus from Fred. She doesn't trust him in general, but believes he may try to help in fighting the undead.

kinem

Adventurer
A shimmering sphere of force starts to form around the monster, but once again displaying its unnaturally quick reflexes, the giant head ducks back, which prevents the sphere from forming as it would have to occupy the same space. (ooc: Reflex negates)

Haessellekh doesn't trust Fred, but against this monster, his song does encourage her.

(left to act: Grandfather, Zach)

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Blast! Something I need for this is still in a box. I shall post tomorrow, as soon as I can fish it out.)

(Edit - Hah! Got it worked out much faster than I expected!)

Grandfather watches the others fight with a heaviness growing in his heart. Not despair, no. But a certain weariness.

If only we'd time to rest. My spells dwindle, and fresh horrors spring from nowhere. The Green send that I can help you, my friends. Or if this be my time, then so be it.

He murmurs a spell and reaches into his pouch, producing a single acorn which begins to sizzle and wriggle in his palm as the spell is completed. Tiny cracks in its surface form, letting lurid yellow-white light shine out from within.

(Casting Fire Seed, will throw later)

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Kurina watches the actions of her companions as she continues firing arrows at the beast, hoping they can lure it away from the civillians.

[sblock=ooc]
Bump and are we missing someone?[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Code:
.BBBBBB...BBBBBddBBBBB...BBBdBBBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBB.
.BBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBB.
.BBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB.y.dBBBBBBBBBBB...dBBBBBBBB.
.BBBBBd...BBBBBBBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBB.
.BBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...KBBBBBBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBB.
.BBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB..HBBBBBBBBdBBB...BBBBBBBBB.
....................$$ZZ..........................
....................$$ZZ..........................
.BBdBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB.G.BBBBBdBBBBBB...BBBBdBBBB.
.BBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB.F.dBBBBBBBBBBd...BBBBBBBBB.
.BBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBd.
.BBBBBB...BBBBBddBBBBBb..BBBBBdBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBB.
..............OOOOOOOOc.hhhhhhhhhh................
..............OOOOOOOO..hhhhhhhhhhh...............
...............OOOOOOO..hhhhhhhhhhh...............
.BBdBBB...BBBBBBdBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...BBBBBdBBB.
.BBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...dBBBBBBBBBBd...BBBBBBBBd.
.BBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...dBBBBBBBB.
.BBdBBB...BBBBBBdBBBBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB...BBBBBBBBB.

B = building		d = door

$$
$$ = Grugaro, giant head

F = Fred Foster		h = human

b = Bron Hager
c = Cron Hager		O = half-orc

H = Haesellekh		K = Kurina
G = Grandfather		y = Yolo
ZZ = Zach
ZZ

kinem

Adventurer
(ooc: Zach is now an NPC.)

Zach, still in giant form, launches a series of mighty strikes at the monstrous head. His holy scimitar bites deep, three successful strikes, but the head seems able to withstand quite a lot of punishment.

The giant head retaliates by attempting to bash Zach with its forehead. It smacks him hard, but he is able to deflect the subsequent blows with his shield, and gets in another strike of his own.

Fred Foster changes his tune. He sings of Zach and Kurina in particular, about what great warriors they are!

(ooc: +8 temp hp, +2 attack, +1 on Fort saves for Kurina. Zach recieves similar benefits.)

(Round 3)

Kurina, inspired, launches four more flaming arrows at the head-monster and three of them hit. Each flew with sufficient force to pulverize a normal man, but the monster merely roars.

Brother Allard

First Post
Backpedaling as quickly as his short legs will allow, Yolo calls to Zach to follow them toward the city gate. He levels an index finger in the beast's direction and wills it out of existence.

Casts Destruction. FortNeg (but take 12d6), DC 24.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Grandfather hurls the little fireball in his hand at the floating head, where it blossoms into a savage explosion. He then runs around to the north of Zach, moving quite fleetly for such an old timer.

(Fire Seed for 20d6 damage. That's my last one, guys. :))

Voidrazor

First Post
Haessellekh doubles in size as she upends a small sack. Incredibly, a cascade of shiny cannonballs crash to the pavement from the bag. Seeming to move of their own volition, the metal spheres fly at the undead head.

Free action to return to Pit Fiend form via Shapechange (should still be active). Move action to upend bag of holding. Standard action to Telekinetic Thrust the balls. +21 to hit 22d6 damage (adamantine).

Remove ads