• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Parting Gifts

Shayuri

First Post
1 or 2 is good for me too, though I'm curious. This was originally billed as a one-shot.

Is it still a one-shot? When Big T is finally dead (and I think we've demonstrated we can probably do it, given appropriate magic selections), is that The End? Or are we going to press on?

kinem

Adventurer
Under the circumstances, given the lack of IC posting and brief OOC posts, I will basically go with option #2.

I will be out of town from Friday until Monday, so I can't post this coming weekend, BTW.

Shayuri said:
Is it still a one-shot? When Big T is finally dead (and I think we've demonstrated we can probably do it, given appropriate magic selections), is that The End? Or are we going to press on?

Definately still a "one-shot". It will be over when the city is safe, or lost. You'll see.

kinem

Adventurer
I am still not 100% but I have returned to the land of the living. When I get back in town next week I should resume my normal posting frequency.

In case you missed it, the IC was updated yesterday.

Combat (initiative) will begin next week, when I return (Weds). In the meantime, post your intentions/prepartions and ask for what clarifications you need.

kinem

Adventurer
I just want to make sure that everyone knows the game is back in action. Currently waiting for Shayuri and Ivellious to post.

Shayuri

First Post
Arr, a small problem cropped up for me. I shall be able to post tomorrow...one of my crucial books is buried at the bottom of very heavy boxes.

I do have a related question though. If Grandfather drops his staff, changes into, say an earth elemental, which has hands...would he still be able to use the staff as a normal weapon? Just pick it up and thwack people with it with the strength of an elemental?

Would the Shilleighlee...(gah, the spelling!)...let him use the staff as if it was two sizes larger without penalty?

kinem

Adventurer
Grandfather seems mostly SRD-compatible from what I can tell, so I wonder what you're looking for.

An earth elemental could indeed use the staff, but size penalties would apply.

Shillelagh, unfortunately, by RAW wouldn't work for two reasons: It only affects a nonmagical staff or club, and besides that, it increases the damage of the weapon but not the actual size.

I do think the spell seems underpowered, though. Since I nerf overpowered spells, I guess it would be only fair to allow it to work as you want.

Shayuri

First Post
No matter, all is well! I've posted.

Also, I've no problem with using the spell as printed. There is a weapon property called Sizing that allows a weapon to resize with its user. It seems unfair to make a first level spell duplicate that ability in its entirety.

Now I know what I want to buy Grandfather for Christmas. Sizing for his staff! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads