• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Parting Gifts

kinem

Adventurer
What do you guys want to do from this point?

There are still a number of things to do to wrap things up: Defuse the half-orc/human situation, get the dead raised, prepare in case the bad guy returns, deal with the tarrasque, attend the king's coronation, and so on.

If you prefer not to play it out I can post a wrap-up story.

Also, please let me know if you were satisfied with the game.

BTW, the bad guy's escape was not inevitable - he didn't have too many hp left by that time, and another hit on him or better damage rolls could easily have dropped him. But that's OK, you guys showed that you can kick his ass. He was built exactly according to the specs for a PC, including wealth.

kinem

Adventurer
Time to ask again: what do you guys want to do?

IC, Yalo has been raised from the dead. Brother Allard, if you want to, jump back in.

If we do that I'll have to determine which spells he lost (50% chance / spell, in addition to the effects of losing a level). I did check miracle and he lost that one for the day.

I have been somewhat busy lately and that will continue for the next month or so, but after that my posting rate could probably pick up again.

Brother Allard

First Post
Ooo! Hey, look! I'm alive again.

Don't know how I missed that. In any case, whatever spells Yolo lost, he didn't prepare True Resurrection today, and will wait until he can prepare it before raising Grandfather.

I'd also be happy to keep going. This has been an enjoyable game, although I guess I sort of lost track of it after dying.

kinem

Adventurer
If we continue, my posting ability should be back up to normal in about 10 days. I can't do the game justice until then.

Jemal seems to have dropped out, so we'd resume with Voidrazor, Brother Allard, and Shayuri as players.

The restart would begin a few weeks into the future and would remain focused in Settonton. It would be a short scenario as well.

In the meantime, let me know what you would like to do with the Tarrasque. Keep in mind though that you may not get a chance to do it, as the Sasoguese or other forces could act to retrieve it. In any case, Mr. T will not take an active part in Chapter 2.

kinem

Adventurer
I will be out of town until 9/25 and expect not to have internet access.

In the meantime, assume that Grandfather will have been raised.

When and if we resume, Yolo will be at 20th level, while Grandfather and Haessellekh will be at 21st. Since this is basically a one-shot, use the epic rules from the SRD (even though I don't like them) but epic spellcasting is not allowed.

Post an update on your PC by the time I return if you want to continue.

Kurina and Zach will have gone to the elven continent of Cellon where they are helping the elves deal with a drow plot.

Meanwhile, the three PCs gather once more in Settonton. The King has begun behaving arrogantly and irrationally, and it's not just him - there are many reports of people going crazy. War seems to brew with the orcs. The murder rate has skyrocketed. Haessellekh suspects a fiendish plot is afoot and this most dangerous foe could be posessing anyone at any time.

kinem

Adventurer
Well, no one has posted so it looks like the game will be coming to and end. I will post a wrap up in the IC thread.

At some point in the future (not right away) I will start a new PBP game. I haven't decided what the setting will be yet but it will be different than the one for this game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads