Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2: beginner box unboxing

kenada

Legend
Supporter
It’s a little pricy, but it looks like the Beginner’s Box comes with a ton of nice stuff. I wish the standard character sheets were as nice as the ones in this video. 😅

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Flip Mat ($15) Dice ($10) The pawns separately are close to $20. compared to an AP pawn set that contains over 100 pawns just like the description for this set

A full color 64 page adventure module is $23 so its conceivable that an 80 page book ALONE can be priced at $34. But let be conservative and price it a $30. The 96 page book could also be priced higher but again lets be conservative and price THAT TOO at $30.

If we added all of those things together $105 and CUT THAT PRICE IN HALF ($52) it's STILL a bargain for what you get in the box. So at $40 it's a steal. Miniature Market has it on preorder for $30.

So when people say that something like this is a bit pricey? What they really mean is that they don't want to pay $40 for this product which is fair. But there's a low key tone which implies that it's too much money for what you get. And that is definitely NOT the case. Not here.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
Nope, looking at it compared to the competition. It’s a good value, but the competition has a lower price point. I like PF2 and want it to be successful, but I worry that the price point and the market clout of the competition will cause people to overlook the Beginner Box.

Also, fwiw, Cool Stuff Inc has it for pre-order at $27.99.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
The competition has a lower price point BEACAUSE it's of lower value. I bought that D&D starter set on a lark. It felt cheap and flimsy and in terms of content, it's anemic compared to the Pathfinder Beginners Box. But if the price is all that matters that's fair. I wound up giving it away to someone who wanted to teach their nephews the game.

I go on value and quality and most times (not this one clearly) I'd rather not spend money on a product at all if it's cheaper AND feels cheap.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
I’m not looking at it from the perspective of an informed consumer but an uninformed one. I want people looking for gifts to skip over D&D and pick up PF2. 😁

Anyway, I preordered. There’s some nice stuff in there like the pawns. It’s also potentially useful as a small adventure to run for people looking at PF2 (assuming the adventure is not brutally hard).

dave2008

Legend
Flip Mat ($15) Dice ($10) The pawns separately are close to $20. compared to an AP pawn set that contains over 100 pawns just like the description for this set

A full color 64 page adventure module is $23 so its conceivable that an 80 page book ALONE can be priced at $34. But let be conservative and price it a $30. The 96 page book could also be priced higher but again lets be conservative and price THAT TOO at $30.

If we added all of those things together $105 and CUT THAT PRICE IN HALF ($52) it's STILL a bargain for what you get in the box. So at $40 it's a steal. Miniature Market has it on preorder for $30.

So when people say that something like this is a bit pricey? What they really mean is that they don't want to pay $40 for this product which is fair. But there's a low key tone which implies that it's too much money for what you get. And that is definitely NOT the case. Not here.
Makes you wonder if everything else is overpriced! ;)

Remove ads