Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2E Monster Building Rules

Paizo has posted the Building Creatures and Building Hazards sections from chapter 2 of the upcoming Gamemastery Guide for free download.

71KDHMyGoSL._AC._SR360,460.jpg

"As we’ve noted on some of our livestreams, the system for creating your own monsters and NPCs uses a top down system with benchmarks, allowing you to build a creature to match your top-level vision of that creature instead of requiring you to build them from the bottom up like a player character. This guide has all the relevant numbers for creating these creatures, as well as lessons on what you can do to make your monsters the best they can be. The numbers are a starting place, and your creativity really brings the monster to life. The hazard rules give you everything you need to create traps, environmental hazards, and haunts to menace your party."

kenada

Legend
Supporter
I was expecting something more like the simple monster creation rules in Pathfinder Unchained or the monster creation rules in Starfinder, but it’s not. It’s actually closer to PF1, except with more guidance on how your choices effect your monster (or hazard).

Last edited:

CapnZapp

Legend
It looks like you need to sign up for their site to be able to look at this.
Here's a copy valid for one week I believe if you can't (or won't) get their site to work:

Edit: Had to withdraw link - saw my personal details were embedded in the file. Thanks Paizo for another case where pirates get the superior product (even when their offering is free!!) (n)(n)(n)

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases