Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder 3PP

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
A propos of nothing in particular... just something in the air tonight I guess...

Any further word yet on plans for Pathfinder 3rd party support?

Logo? Compatibility text?

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Wulf Ratbane said:
A propos of nothing in particular... just something in the air tonight I guess...

Any further word yet on plans for Pathfinder 3rd party support?

Logo? Compatibility text?

Funny, for some reason that is on my mind too. Alas, I have no power to make it happen, but it is something we want to do... I think.

Jason Bulmahn
That Pathfinder RPG Guy

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Hmm... Well, of course I am eager to see something-- something cool, something soon, something outrageously permissive.

Of course given where the bar has been set with respect to coolness, permissiveness, and timeliness of decision, you have a bit of wiggle room yet.

Rakor

First Post
Is Pathfinder an open content type product? I don't know a lot about how the licenses and things work but can people use Pathfinder material like you could use the 3.5 SRD?

Crothian

First Post
Is it going to matter now? I know the beta is coming out this year but the final game is not till next year. Or will third party support be able to come out before the actual book does?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Crothian said:
Is it going to matter now? I know the beta is coming out this year but the final game is not till next year. Or will third party support be able to come out before the actual book does?
Well, I think we're guaranteed to see support from Necromancer Games, at least.

Along with Clark's (forthcoming) announcement that he'll like do a Pathfinder ToH, I bet we'll see other 3PPs go that route. And since the alpha and beta releases are (99%) completely open, I suspect Paizo will come up with a license agreement and logo for Pathfinder-compatiblity as quickly as possible.

Erik and company will want to make sure they have all their ducks in a row.

On a personal note, it's a great day day to be a Pathfinder fan!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Crothian said:

Well for starters, hell yeah I'd like to be out with the beta.

If Pathfinder is going to have a compatibility logo/text, I'd like to get it onto my cover, so that I can start generating some buzz with an official announcement.

And depending where on the Open scale Pathfinder falls, there's some wheels that I may or may not need to reinvent. That sort of information helps me now.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Yes. This is happening. We leave for Origins on Tuesday so there may not be enough time to cook it up for a few more days, but we're making a "Pathfinder RPG Enabled" logo and drafting a couple short paragraphs of legal text that you have to include in order to use it. It'll say something about Paizo not being responsible for the content, that the logo is our trademark, etc.

Anyone will be able to use that logo. Of course, anyone can use our rules as they are already open under the OGL.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

Remove ads