Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Adventure Path: How Successful?

Have you subscribed to the Pathfinder Adventure Path (*not* the 3.75e ruleset)?

• I let my Dungeon and/or Dragon magazine subscription roll over to Pathfinder but did not renew it.

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • I subscribed later but let my subscription run out.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I subscribed later and am still subscribed.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I've been a subscriber from the beginning and still am.

Votes: 68 31.6%
  • I never subscribed/I don't know what this is.

Votes: 60 27.9%

amnuxoll

First Post
When the print versions of Dungeon and Dragon magazine died, Paizo gave subscribers the option to subscribe to the Pathfinder Adventure Path, a monthly publication that comprises two story-arcs per year. This is *different* than the new 3.75e ruleset or the global Pathfinder campaign that uses that ruleset. The Adventure Path still uses the D&D3.5 rules.

What I'm curious to know is how popular these are/were? Did you subscribe? And for how long?

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
I subscribed to both Dungeon and Dragon Magazines and even purchased a few issues beyond when that ran out. I did eventually stop subscribing when all the confusion (or lack of answers) came about when 4e was announced. Now with Pathfinder RPG being released and still unsure about that system I have yet to buy anything else from them.

(Please do not assume I am putting these other systems down, truth is I have never even read them. I like 3.5 and getting to old to keep changing systems every time someone says jump)

I will say this, loved the complete initial Pathfinder AP. It clearly demonstrated they are at the top of their game when designing an AP. If you liked what they did with the AP in Dungeon Magazine then you will probably love where they took it with Pathfinder in my opinion.

Shemeska

Adventurer
I subscribed to both Dragon and Dungeon since I started gaming in 3e, and wierdly enough the subscription ran out with the final issues of both magazines. I would have subscribed to the entirety of the PF line, except Paizo preempted me on that by giving me free pdfs of everything.

Despite the free pdfs though, I still prefer a physical copy, so I'll be buying a hardcopy of the PF core book and bestiary to go with the hardcopy setting book I have. Oh yes there will be a planar PF game in my future at some point.

As for Dragon and Dungeon, I haven't subscribed to the DDI for either with them having gone in-house at WotC and both being all 4e now. I will be subscribing to KQ though.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I subscribed to Dragon and Dungeon years ago, and let me subscriptions lapse, but signed up to Dungeon just in time for my last two issues to be converted to an issue of pathfinder. I suppose it was ok, but for 20.00 did not seem like ti was worth that much money. A single adventure, though well done, for that amount of money (granted that is cover price) No, thanks.

I have bought nothing from Paizo since, and do not see myself starting.

No DDI for me either.

Last edited:

Mikaze

First Post
Needs more options.

I've never subscribed to any of the periodicals, but I bought every single issue of Dragon and Dungeon that I could. I then bought every single issue of the Pathfinder APs.

And Kobold Quarterly.

Caliber

Explorer
I subscribed to both Dungeon and Dragon Magazines and even purchased a few issues beyond when that ran out. I did eventually stop subscribing when all the confusion (or lack of answers) came about when 4e was announced. Now with Pathfinder RPG being released and still unsure about that system I have yet to buy anything else from them.

(Please do not assume I am putting these other systems down, truth is I have never even read them. I like 3.5 and getting to old to keep changing systems every time someone says jump)

I will say this, loved the complete initial Pathfinder AP. It clearly demonstrated they are at the top of their game when designing an AP. If you liked what they did with the AP in Dungeon Magazine then you will probably love where they took it with Pathfinder in my opinion.

+1 here. Long time Dragon/Dungeon subscriber (have stacks of old 2E mags, in fact, including the run up to 3E, as well as the CD compendium of all magazines). When Pathfinder came into play, gave it a chance, but wasn't willing to keep paying when its edition status seemed questionable. With them going PFRPG instead of 4E, I have no real incentive to get anything from Paizo anymore (unfortunately, I still consider them as having done some of the best adventure work I've seen)

That said, I've moved online with Dungeon and Dragon and am now a DDI subscriber and I have to admit, I've easily (VERY easily) used more content from 4E's Dragon than I ever have from any Dragon before. 4E's Dungeon isn't quite there yet, but it is catching up pretty rapidly as well. :)

Papa-DRB

First Post
Need another option.

I subscribed to Dungeon (I have all 150 print issues), rolled it over to the Pathfinder Adventure Path and am still a subscriber.

catsclaw227

First Post
I was a subscriber, so I automatically was added in as an AP subscriber. I got the first two APs, some of the third and now I am buying PDFs for the Legacy of Fire for a possible 4e fan conversion.

I ended my subscription because 4e came out and I was already running Age of Worms in 3.5/4e. I didn't want to do a major conversion right away and wanted to become comfortable with the paradigm changes.

But for the poll, I needed another option. I rolled over, then renewed my AP subscription, then let it expire a while later.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I was subscribed to Dragon and Dungeon, and was actually turned off by the Adventure Paths from Paizo and the general direction they were taking 3.5e. I have NOT evaluated any of Paizo's post Dragon/Dungeon work. I am very happy with Dragon from WotC/DDI, but dungeon needs short adventures and side treks.

(Aside from buying a thing or two from their store, which is a very good online store.)

(See Erik, I told you I've reformed from slamming you guys insanely!)

Threadjack: ANyone know if there is a decent market for Dragon Magazines from the Paizo Era on ebay?

Remove ads