Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords Reborn! IC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BarloAvatar_zps186bb901.jpg
SonjaAvatar1_zpsb76e241e.jpg

Melanie rushed over to congratulate her hero, despite his inability to actually hit anything with his javelins. At least he was valiant in the effort and possibly provided all the distraction the other needed.

Jamir stowed the shortbow, freeing up his hands as he drew out another javelin as he gathered up the two he cast at goblins moments before.

“Stick beside me, lass! Something tells me this is not over yet.”

The bard tried to rally the nearest folk to help fight the fire, “Quick! You folks start a bucket train to get some water. You others take those blankets and canvas to try smothering the flames until we can bring water to fight it. Hurry, we cannot let these bugger goblins finish their destruction after they are already dead!”

[sblock=Actions]Put away shortbow, gather up 2 javelins and draw a 3rd. Clutching all three in left hand.

Diplomacy 17[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats]Jamir Harkness
Init +6, Speed 30, Senses: Perception +3
Defense: 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 10, CMD 16
Crit Def Bonus: +7, Crit Attack Bonus: +0
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1
HP 9 (DR3/Armor); Current: 7
Conditions in effect: 30ft ranged Aid Another (+1 only) for 24 hours

Bardic Performances Remaining: 6/6
1st Level Spells (CLW, Grease): 1/2
Javelins Remaining: 5/5

Weapon in Hand: Javelins x 3 (LH)[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Move it or lose it, people!" Nuko declares as he joins in the effort to put out the flames in the merchant stall, while hooking his huge axe - still bloody - on his back.

ooc: Intimidate [roll0]

[sblock=pic]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The townsfolk take heed of Dr. Jekyll's advice, though Kelvyn is little help; those the Keleshite is talking too are more aghast at the goblin blood stains adorning his clothes. They quickly move to isolate the cart with dirt mounds placed around it and help push any flammable materials away from it. Jamir, apparently not taking enough notice of Jekyll's advice, starts organizing a bucket train, but Father Zantus has now stepped down from the Cathedral stairs and, looking at the alchemical accouterments about Dr. Jekyll asks, "wouldn't it be wiser to follow the advice of the alchemist and not use water?"

Jekyll's advice proves best, as the fire burns white hot. Das Korvut, the town smith exclaims, "Aye, tis burnin' hot as a furnace that!"

There is little time to revel in the victory in Cathedral Square however. Here and there, the sounds of battle, clanging swords, calls of support by the town guard, and shrieking and singing goblins echo through the streets, but at the festival grounds in the Cathedral Square itself most of the citizens have fled or taken refuge in the Cathedral. "Many thanks for your efforts! Now you must go, and do as the Sheriff commanded," says Father Zantus, "check on the North Gate to ensure it is secure from these monsters. The Square is clear for now, and I have armed my acolytes to help defend those seeking sanctuary within. Your help is needed elsewhere. I have brought these from the Cathedral armory to lend you in case you need arms or armor. Don them hastily if you must. Also, take this."

The priest produces a set of leather armor, scale mail, a light wooden shield, a heavy wooden shield, a heavy mace, and a light mace for you to borrow if you require them. He also gifts you a potion of cure light wounds and channels positive energy to heal you if any of you are injured.

OOC: Every moment may be precious. Utilize the rules for Getting Into and Out of Armor if you must. Assume there is help. Thus a character may don the scale mail in 2 minutes instead of 4.

kinem

Adventurer
Nuko's not wearing armor, but he says "Thanks anyway but my magic protects me."

He's not sure if the priest believes him, but he wastes no time in heading over to the North Gate.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BarloAvatar_zps186bb901.jpg
SonjaAvatar1_zpsb76e241e.jpg

With the situation under control, Jamir pocketed the potion and thanked the priest for the healing energy.

"Thanks much, Father. The scratch from that gobber was annoying me. And probably causing him to have poorer aim too.

The bard turned to Melanie, “My dear, you should stay here with the other folk. As much as I would like you to cheer me on with support, I cannot let you endanger yourself. I shall return.” He planted a kiss on her lips, squeezed her bum and turned away.

He had no use for the other items the priest offered and made haste to accompany the others towards the North Gate.

[sblock=MiniStats]Jamir Harkness
Init +6, Speed 30, Senses: Perception +3
Defense: 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 10, CMD 16
Crit Def Bonus: +7, Crit Attack Bonus: +0
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1
HP 9 (DR3/Armor); Current: 9
Conditions in effect: 30ft ranged Aid Another (+1 only) for 24 hours

Bardic Performances Remaining: 6/6
1st Level Spells (CLW, Grease): 1/2
Javelins Remaining: 5/5

Weapon in Hand: Javelins x 3 (LH)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
an addendum to a previous post with a bit of foreground why:

The priest produces a set of leather armor, scale mail, a light wooden shield, a heavy wooden shield, a heavy mace, and a light mace for you to borrow if you require them. He also gifts you a potion of cure light wounds and channels positive energy to heal you if any of you are injured.

OOC: Every moment may be precious. Utilize the rules for Getting Into and Out of Armor if you must. Assume there is help. Thus a character may don the scale mail in 2 minutes instead of 4.

Dr. Jekyll dons the leather armor and returns with haste to the gate as he was commanded to do. (5 rounds to don with help)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Kelvyn looks at the supplies the priest has brought out for a moment before eagerly sheathing his small blades and taking up the heavy mace. "I thank you, baćka. I've no need of the shell, however." He taps his chest with the mace handle, and the clink of wood on metal reinforces his words. With a final nod, he turns and hustles after the others toward the North Gate.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Defense: 14, Critical Defense: +08, Armor DR: 5/Magic or Large, CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Reflex: +3, Will: +0

Initiative: +3, Perception: +0, Sense Motive: +0

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Mace

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Thrindar: Initiative +2 / Perception +3 / Sense Motive +3

Thrindar addresses the others. "Go ahead and go! I will follow when I finish here." The dwarven cleric starts to don the scale mail. Once the armor is strapped into place he will grab the light mace and heavy wooden shield. Then he will follow after the others.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
In the Cathedral Square, one or two goblins remain behind to scavenge food, and many more lie dead (along with a few unfortunate citizens). But the fight has obviously moved on, especially when the sound of a scream and a frantic barking come from the north.

Just east of the White Deer, near Sandpoint's north gate, you come across a fight. A man in a blue doublet cowers behind a rain barrel where he calls for help, while his dog fights against a goblin commando mounted atop a vicious goblin dog. You arrive on the scene just in time to see the commando kill the dog with his horsechopper. The dog crashes dying to the ground as the commando's goblin kin (who were themselves cowering nearby as the dog was handled) throw up a cheer and emerge from hiding. The goblins appear distracted by their kill, and as they turn their attention to the man, they're backs are turned to you. You have the opportunity to attack with surprise!

OOC: I don't have time to get combat set up at the moment. But below is the experience and treasure earned so far. Prepare to take your surprise actions.

[sblock=Experience Point Rewards & Treasure]
Experience
Jamir: 350/1,300
Kelvyn: 316/1,300
Nuko: 302/1,300
Thrindar: 304/1,300
Jekyll (alt): 294/1,300

Treasure
(Items are Medium size or adaptable unless otherwise indicated. If taking 10 on Spellcraft succeeds in identifying the item, it has already been identified. Unidentified items are noted.)
Found among the goblin bodies in the Cathedral Square:
Small leather armor (6)
Small light wooden shield (6)
Small dogslicer (7)
Small short bow (7)
Small arrows (140)
Small studded leather armor
Small whip
potion of cure light wounds
20 gp

Borrowed from Father Zantus (if desired):
leather armor