• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder BESTIARY 5 Is Coming!

The fifth hardcover monster book for the Pathfinder RPG is set to hit shelves in next month. 300 new monsters, a bunch of player races, psychic critters, templates, and more. The new races include caligni dark folk, deep one hybrids, plant-bodied ghorans, and simian orang-pendaks. Paizo are holding an elimination contest to reveal previews of a bunch of monsters.

The fifth hardcover monster book for the Pathfinder RPG is set to hit shelves in next month. 300 new monsters, a bunch of player races, psychic critters, templates, and more. The new races include caligni dark folk, deep one hybrids, plant-bodied ghorans, and simian orang-pendaks. Paizo are holding an elimination contest to reveal previews of a bunch of monsters.

The elimination contest involves simply voting for the critter you want to see via a series of poll questions.

PZO1133.jpg

PZO1133-DevilHeresy.jpg

Dire Bare

Legend
The fraal was reprinted in the 2nd Edition Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Four (November 1998). Megamania, you might also be remembering them from the Alternity Player's Handbook or the Star*Drive Alien Compendium.

<insert popping sound as the summoning spell expires>

Huh, that worked! Neat!

Starfox

Hero
I really think I have enough monsters already. But, when I go looking for, say, an undead to fill a specific niche, a specific CR and modus operandi, I often draw a blank. So yes, I guess there's a need for more monster books.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I really think I have enough monsters already. But, when I go looking for, say, an undead to fill a specific niche, a specific CR and modus operandi, I often draw a blank. So yes, I guess there's a need for more monster books.

Hi starfox - So are you, and paizo is hoping many more, willing to pay 35 to 50 bucks for a book for that niche rarely used monster?

Starfox

Hero
Hi starfox - So are you, and paizo is hoping many more, willing to pay 35 to 50 bucks for a book for that niche rarely used monster?

I get the PDFs and use the artwork, but since I'm not reading the books from cover to cover and specific monsters are easier to find online, I don't bye a physical book. Physical books are for the books used as reference works for players. And adventures; I prefer to have adventures in a physical copy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads