Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Campaign Website Template for Google Sites

dcampbez

Explorer
I am loving the template... I am usually HTML challenged, but I pretty quickly built an outline for an upcoming campaign. Thanks!

I am, however, trying to add another sub-menu to the left with some linked pages. Is there a simple way to do so? If I add the menu, it appears but with the wrong colors. I also cannot find an easy way to quickly add a page to link a menu item to...

mgbeach

Explorer
I am loving the template... I am usually HTML challenged, but I pretty quickly built an outline for an upcoming campaign. Thanks!

I am, however, trying to add another sub-menu to the left with some linked pages. Is there a simple way to do so? If I add the menu, it appears but with the wrong colors. I also cannot find an easy way to quickly add a page to link a menu item to...

Glad it's working out for you!

When you're logged in at the very bottom on the left there should be a link that says "Edit Sidebar"

Click that and then you can see each little section (They're all called "Navigation" because that's the type of widget they are).

To add a new section entirely, click the Add a Sidebar Item link at the bottom of the listed widgets. You can choose the type of item and go from there.

To change what is there or add something to the existing navigation links, click on the one you want to edit (for example, the party members are the 4th "Navigation" section down)

With the buttons on the right of the window that pops up you can move items up or down in the list and change whether they appear as main or sub-items.

I hope that was of some help. Please just let me know if you need anything else! Also, the Help section for Google Sites is really great...

Google Sites Help

Bigkilla

First Post
Hi all, I'm brand spankin' new here and thought I'd start off by letting you all know about something I created and hopefully some of you might find useful

I've been using Google Site Builder for some time now, mainly to make sites for my various play-by-post and home campaigns. I've made my site template available for any of you who would like to give it a go. Google has done a great job of making a powerful yet simple website building tool; and better yet, it's free.

You can check it out at Recent Updates (Pathfinder: Template)

If you have a Google ID and you are logged in, you should be able to click a button at the top right of that page to create your own site from the template. Whether you have an ID or not, you can look through the template to see what you think.

The page works equally well for play-by-post or face-to-face campaigns, and I hope you'll find that it contains some useful features.

If you have any thoughts I'd love to hear them; just post them here. Thanks! I look forward to hanging around and getting to know y'all soon!

Hey I absolutely love this template and I am using it for a game I am getting ready to run with d20pro and i have a issue i cannot solve or find a answer to online. On the front page middle columm there is listed.

Recent Posts In Online Role Playing

New Session Journals

Game World Happenings

Recent Announcements

How can I move the Recent Announcements to the top of that center area? or move other items up or down.

thanks for any help

mgbeach

Explorer
Hey I absolutely love this template and I am using it for a game I am getting ready to run with d20pro and i have a issue i cannot solve or find a answer to online. On the front page middle columm there is listed.

Recent Posts In Online Role Playing

New Session Journals

Game World Happenings

Recent Announcements

How can I move the Recent Announcements to the top of that center area? or move other items up or down.

thanks for any help

Really glad you're finding it helpful!

If while on that page you select Edit Page at the top right, you can then drag those sections around above or below one another. It's somewhat as if you were moving a picture around in a word document, in that you'll basically need to drag the cursor to the left of the section you want the one you're moving to end up above. I hope that makes some kind of sense.

If all else fails, delete those widgets and start over. To do so, Edit Page and then on the top left click Insert, then Recent Posts. It will let you choose which page to list posts from. Then do the same thing with the next one, and rinse repeat. There are also Recently Updated Files and Recent List Items you can add.

If you still have any questions please let me know either here or in a PM. Thanks again!

Bigkilla

First Post
Really glad you're finding it helpful!

If while on that page you select Edit Page at the top right, you can then drag those sections around above or below one another. It's somewhat as if you were moving a picture around in a word document, in that you'll basically need to drag the cursor to the left of the section you want the one you're moving to end up above. I hope that makes some kind of sense.

If all else fails, delete those widgets and start over. To do so, Edit Page and then on the top left click Insert, then Recent Posts. It will let you choose which page to list posts from. Then do the same thing with the next one, and rinse repeat. There are also Recently Updated Files and Recent List Items you can add.

If you still have any questions please let me know either here or in a PM. Thanks again!

Awesome, thanks. I had tried that but it gave me the little no symbol(the circle with the line through it) so I never bothered trying to actually move stuff that way, thanks.

Azmyth

First Post
mgbeach,

Thanks a million for the template you created!
This is the first time I've ever maintained a webpage for an ongoing campaign.
I (and my players) absolutely love it!

This is what I've done with it: kingmaker
[PLAYER WARNING: Contains possible KingMaker spoilers!]

In a future episode of Chronicles:pathfinder Podcast we will be featuring your template for use by the community!

Well done Sir!

mgbeach

Explorer
mgbeach,

Thanks a million for the template you created!
This is the first time I've ever maintained a webpage for an ongoing campaign.
I (and my players) absolutely love it!

This is what I've done with it: kingmaker
[PLAYER WARNING: Contains possible KingMaker spoilers!]

In a future episode of Chronicles:pathfinder Podcast we will be featuring your template for use by the community!

Well done Sir!

Well that sure is cool! Thanks a ton.. looks like it's worked out well for your game. Google really hit a home run with the Sites implementation. Very intuitive to use. All the t's are crossed and i's dotted as far as the Community Use stuff goes, so definitely feel free to let anyone know about it. If you have any suggestions on how to make it better as you continue to use it please post em up here so I can update the template accordingly. Thanks again!

Remove ads