PATHFINDER COMBAT PAD Returns

I bought one of these years ago, back when they were called "GameMastery Combat Pads" (or something similar), and out of all the accessories I've ever bought outside of dice, I think this item has seen the most use. It's a magnetic pad used to track initiative; I've used it for D&D and Pathfinder, and any game with an initiative mechanic will benefit from it. The pad itself and the magnetic counters are all dry-erase, so you simply write PC and monster names on them along with their initiative rolls, and rearrange as appropriate. Generally, in my group, one of the players is designated as the initiative tracker so that the GM has one less thing to do. Anyhow, I didn't realise it had gone away - but now it's back in the Paizo store. If you don't have one, I recommend picking one up; they're $24.99, but they'll last you years.

I bought one of these years ago, back when they were called "GameMastery Combat Pads" (or something similar), and out of all the accessories I've ever bought outside of dice, I think this item has seen the most use. It's a magnetic pad used to track initiative; I've used it for D&D and Pathfinder, and any game with an initiative mechanic will benefit from it. The pad itself and the magnetic counters are all dry-erase, so you simply write PC and monster names on them along with their initiative rolls, and rearrange as appropriate. Generally, in my group, one of the players is designated as the initiative tracker so that the GM has one less thing to do. Anyhow, I didn't realise it had gone away - but now it's back in the Paizo store. If you don't have one, I recommend picking one up; they're $24.99, but they'll last you years.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I almost bought the redesigned one shown above but realized the older one I have does the pretty much the same thing, different layout. It is indeed a great tool to have at the table.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I pre-ordered the new Ultra pPro Rage of Demons character folio that holds the character sheet as well as spell cards or even the treasure cards Paizo puts out that my players enjoy. I tied the Ultra Pro to another Paizo product so I should be free and clear if I do sidetrack the thread slightly :)

My group owns at least 5 of these. LOVE THEM!!!!
I had my local shop order one. A month later another, a month later 3 of them. We have a lot of different games going and have a pad for the ones played the most. I cannot imagine playing without one now.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads