Savage Pathfinder Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Is Live!

The Kickstarter for Pathfinder for Savage Worlds is live! It includes two boxed sets -- the Rise of the Runelords adventure path and a core rules boxed set which includes the Savage Pathfinder core book, a bestiary, and a ton of additional material.

The big question -- how do they do classes? -- is answered. Classes are replicated via Edge trees; one for each traditional Pathfinder class.

Two of the designers -- Chris Warner and Mike Barbeau -- appeared on our podcast last week to talk all about it.

You can grab it digitally for $25, the core rules hardcover is $50, the core boxed set is $200, and both boxed sets together comes to $300.
1.png

Last edited:

I’m all on it. I’ve run RotRl before but I’m curious to see what the SW implementation looks like. Might be useable as a road map to convert other APs. Iron Gods or Mummy’s Mask would be amazing in SW.

TrickyDUK2

Explorer
Maybe Kickstarter needs to get the funding goals adjusted to past performance. $8000 is way to low for Shane Hensley who like Monte Cook commands thousands of loyal subjects. :)
PEG set the goal and they explain that this project is already funded (and nearly finished). The KS is just a way to raise awareness and get some pre-orders in.

I have to admit that I was interested, but $300 + VAT + (at least) $87 shipping was just too much.

Retreater

Legend
I wonder if there will be more preview content available before the KS ends (haven't been able to listen to the podcast yet). Like I want to see a few samples of character sheets, monster write-ups, spell descriptions, etc. $300 is a pretty big chunk of change, and I want to know what I'd be getting - besides just artist renderings of the contents.

PEG set the goal and they explain that this project is already funded (and nearly finished). The KS is just a way to raise awareness and get some pre-orders in.

I have to admit that I was interested, but $300 + VAT + (at least) $87 shipping was just too much.

Yeah, that makes sense. Not surprised at the draw, either: Savage Worlds is reasonably popular (God knows how many "You can do it in SW!" posts there were at rpg.net 10 years go) and while I really love Paizo's new rules, Golarion is an underrated and very real draw for them. It's a massive kitchen-sink setting with an absolutely incredible amount of content on it. I know I converted parts of it for 5E only a few years ago when I was running into problems making stuff up for a group of mine that loved to wander. It's just hard to run out of material on something... unless maybe it's taking place in Galt :p.

innerdude

Legend
Already pledged at the all-digital "Runelord" tier.

After you've done 2 or 3 (or 4) Pinnacle kickstarters, you no longer feel the need for the spiffy extras like the dice, bennie tokens, action deck, etc.

I just want the good stuff all on PDF, and if I want to throw in for hard copies later, I can.

Also --- if there's anyone looking at this kickstarter that isn't familiar with Savage Worlds, and wants to get a feel for what the system is actually like, feel free to DM me.

Sir Brennen

Legend
I wonder if there will be more preview content available before the KS ends (haven't been able to listen to the podcast yet). Like I want to see a few samples of character sheets, monster write-ups, spell descriptions, etc. $300 is a pretty big chunk of change, and I want to know what I'd be getting - besides just artist renderings of the contents.
Likely. They usually do show a fair amount of preview material during the KS.

I'm assuming that the plan is to convert more APs going forward.
That’s my understanding as well based on your podcast with a couple of the designers as well as some the text on the KS page. That said there’s no telling how long it takes them to get to the ones I’m interested in or what their license actually looks like. Is it all APs? Some of them? Only the oldest? And so on. Anyhow. If you like Savage Worlds and Pathfinder or Golarion I think this KS is worth supporting.

Retreater

Legend
Already pledged at the all-digital "Runelord" tier.

After you've done 2 or 3 (or 4) Pinnacle kickstarters, you no longer feel the need for the spiffy extras like the dice, bennie tokens, action deck, etc.

I just want the good stuff all on PDF, and if I want to throw in for hard copies later, I can.

Also --- if there's anyone looking at this kickstarter that isn't familiar with Savage Worlds, and wants to get a feel for what the system is actually like, feel free to DM me.
I have a couple of the big boxes. However, I think I would want to go for the physical boxes regardless. All that stuff will be good if I ever get to play in person again. However, if that doesn't happen, then the PDFs would be fine. But in that case, I won't be playing Savage Worlds online (which seems pretty impossible on my VTT). And if I'm not playing it online, then I won't be playing it - and ergo, I shouldn't buy it anyway.
Befuddled.

whimsychris123

Adventurer
While I’m curious about this project, $300 to get both the game and AP is a bit rich for my blood (and I’d rather not do digital). I wish then all success though. And by the looks of it, they’re already succeeding and then some!

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases