Savage Pathfinder Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Is Live!

The Kickstarter for Pathfinder for Savage Worlds is live! It includes two boxed sets -- the Rise of the Runelords adventure path and a core rules boxed set which includes the Savage Pathfinder core book, a bestiary, and a ton of additional material. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/pathfinder-for-savage-worlds The big question -- how do they do classes? -- is answered. Classes...

The Kickstarter for Pathfinder for Savage Worlds is live! It includes two boxed sets -- the Rise of the Runelords adventure path and a core rules boxed set which includes the Savage Pathfinder core book, a bestiary, and a ton of additional material.

The big question -- how do they do classes? -- is answered. Classes are replicated via Edge trees; one for each traditional Pathfinder class.

Two of the designers -- Chris Warner and Mike Barbeau -- appeared on our podcast last week to talk all about it.

You can grab it digitally for $25, the core rules hardcover is $50, the core boxed set is $200, and both boxed sets together comes to $300.
1.png

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I'm curious what will be next. PEG has pulled off getting two IP's from other companies nobody saw coming (Rifts and now Pathfinder) so now I am speculating on a third IP that seems out of reach. Dresden Files? Shadowrun? Star Wars?

I wish I could back at $300. The completionist in me wants it all. And with the other Kickstarters I've already backed, this one will have to stay in the wishful thinking stack. Sucks being on Disability.

dbm

Savage!
Two of those are licensed IP, so I would greatly doubt anything like that. But Shadowrun has ‘previous’ as there have been light versions before.

And there was / is an official Earthdawn for Savage Worlds but I understand that it wasn’t as successful. It wasn’t done by Pinnacle, however. That was done by FASA.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
6 years ago I would have been interested. The Savage Worlds boat has sailed for me. That certainly opens up the possibility of dividing their fan base. I'm guessing that those who wanted a simpler PF2 "à la 5e" might by tempted to try out SWPF, abandoning either PF1 or PF2.

I'm wondering when they will do Pathfinder for GURPS, Pathfinder HERO System, Pathfinder W.I.O.I.N. 🙃 :p

Reynard

Legend
Just looking at how many of each pledge is made, I am reminded of how much of the financial burden for RPGs Game Masters carry. I guess maybe some group spread the cost around, but I have never seen it besides the occasional GM Day gift or whatever. I am probably going to get the Digital Runelord reward so I can maybe run it next year but I guarantee few if any potential players would buy even the core book in PDF.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
Just looking at how many of each pledge is made, I am reminded of how much of the financial burden for RPGs Game Masters carry. I guess maybe some group spread the cost around, but I have never seen it besides the occasional GM Day gift or whatever. I am probably going to get the Digital Runelord reward so I can maybe run it next year but I guarantee few if any potential players would buy even the core book in PDF.
Ow, my soul.

I just bought $250USD worth of props for my upcoming campaigns.

Sir Brennen

Legend
6 years ago I would have been interested. The Savage Worlds boat has sailed for me. That certainly opens up the possibility of dividing their fan base. I'm guessing that those who wanted a simpler PF2 "à la 5e" might by tempted to try out SWPF, abandoning either PF1 or PF2.
Just curious why "the Savage Worlds boat has sailed" for you?
I'm wondering when they will do Pathfinder for GURPS, Pathfinder HERO System, Pathfinder W.I.O.I.N. 🙃 :p
I know this is in jest, but I don't think it's likely there will be any other ports* of Pathfinder to other systems, mainly because my understanding is Pinnacle reached out to Paizo for this conversion, not the other way around.

*Kingmaker notwithstanding, as that's just a conversion of similar system stat blocks, not an unrelated system converting the whole ruleset.

Remove ads

Remove ads