Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder Nexus is the Official Toolset for PF2E

Paizo has just announced a partnership with Demiplane to create a D&D Beyond-style digital toolset for Pathfinder 2nd Edition.

maxresdefault.jpg

Demiplane (which is described as "a leading digital platform for tabletop roleplaying fans") was launched last year. Its Chief Development Officer is Adam Bradford, D&D Beyond's co-founder, who left D&D Beyond last year at the same time as other senior staff including Todd Kenrick (DDB's Creative Manager) and Lauren Urban (Community Manager).

GREEN BAY, WI (October 26, 2021) – Today Demiplane, a leading digital platform for tabletop roleplaying fans, announced a multi-year licensing agreement with Paizo Inc. to create Pathfinder Nexus, the official digital toolset and game companion for the award-winning Pathfinder tabletop roleplaying game. Pathfinder Nexus is set to release in early 2022. Pre-orders with early access to the new platform begin today.

Originally released in 2008, Pathfinder is one of the most popular fantasy tabletop roleplaying games in the world, filled with unique characters, rich lore, and exciting monsters, magic, and wonder. Pathfinder Second Edition was released in 2019 with rules that are fast to learn, easy to play, and that offer more customization options than ever before. In Pathfinder, players take on the role of custom-created characters to tell cooperative stories of limitless fantasy adventures and collaborative gameplay amongst friends. Pathfinder Nexus delivers the game’s trove of sourcebooks, character options, and adventures in a convenient and easily accessible way, whether players are new to the game or are long-time veterans.

Pathfinder Nexus will give players the kind of support that a dynamic and expansive game like Pathfinder deserves,” said Adam Bradford, Chief Development Officer at Demiplane. “I have seen firsthand how technology can elevate play experiences. I’m thrilled for fans to see how much convenience Pathfinder Nexus brings to the table so that the most important elements can shine through— the players and the stories you’re telling together.”

Pathfinder Nexus aims to make every part of playing game sessions better, starting with sought-after tools like a game compendium, digital reader, character builder, interactive digital character sheet, as well as a playspace with video chat where all the other tools are fully integrated. Demiplane has an extensive roadmap for Pathfinder Nexus, with new features to enhance play planned for years to come.

“Working with Demiplane on this project has been an absolute dream come true. Demiplane’s team brings digital expertise that is truly unique,” said Erik Mona, Paizo’s Chief Creative Officer. “With Pathfinder Nexus, we’re not only able to enhance overall Pathfinder gameplay, but this new toolset will also ensure that more people can experience the game than ever before.”

Hasbro should hurry of we will see a crossover Fortnite-Starfinder.

My best wishes for Paizo, but I miss a lot of titles haven't translated yet to Spanish languange, and not only Pathfinder 2, but also Starfinder.

Ringtail

World Traveller
I think D&D Beyond is pretty neat and the real reason I don't use it is price. I already own all the books, etc.

If Paizo offers a discount for customers who already own products, I'm much more likely to jump on board. I know many PF players use Pathbuilder, but I think that's free using the OGL. So how are they going to win those users over?

Ringtail

World Traveller
If you own a Paizo PDF, Paizo Connect will give you discounts on the Pathfinder Nexus products. If you buy a product on Pathfinder Nexus you will get the PDF for free. If you own the PDF you get discounts with other partners who choose to use Paizo Connect.
From Aaron Shanks on Paizo's Website.
and from Mark Moreland
If you've already got the PDF for a book that you want the Nexus version of, through Paizo Connect, you can get the price of the PDF taken off the Nexus price, so you're just paying for the Nexus upgrade.

Conversely, if you but something on Nexus that you don't already own on PDF and your accounts are linked via Paizo Connect, you'll get the PDF added to your paizo.com downloads.

Fritterfae

Villager
If Paizo offers a discount for customers who already own products, I'm much more likely to jump on board. I know many PF players use Pathbuilder, but I think that's free using the OGL. So how are they going to win those users over?

As someone who's used both Pathbuilder and D&D Beyond, I really prefer Beyond. This is not a knock on Pathbuilder it's a phenomenal app, but D&D Beyond just has a better feel across the board, and it handles groups. Pathbuilder just isn't there yet. It would be a huge boon to all of my PF tables to be able to load up everyone's characters in Nexus and cross check everything. If it also gets GM management tools, which I assume is a huge priority once character sheet management is done, then I'm 100% sold. Also, the amount of data collection that this could provide Paizo is immeasurable. WOTC uses all of that data from Beyond to inform things like their WizKids minis to how they design adventures. Given how tightly knit Paizo is with how they work with the public through playtests, if they're up front about using Nexus data collection to help create a development feedback loop I think a lot of the Pathfinder/Starfinder communities would jump on it.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases