Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder Nexus is the Official Toolset for PF2E

Paizo has just announced a partnership with Demiplane to create a D&D Beyond-style digital toolset for Pathfinder 2nd Edition. Demiplane (which is described as "a leading digital platform for tabletop roleplaying fans") was launched last year. Its Chief Development Officer is Adam Bradford, D&D Beyond's co-founder, who left D&D Beyond last year at the same time as other senior staff...

Paizo has just announced a partnership with Demiplane to create a D&D Beyond-style digital toolset for Pathfinder 2nd Edition.

maxresdefault.jpg

Demiplane (which is described as "a leading digital platform for tabletop roleplaying fans") was launched last year. Its Chief Development Officer is Adam Bradford, D&D Beyond's co-founder, who left D&D Beyond last year at the same time as other senior staff including Todd Kenrick (DDB's Creative Manager) and Lauren Urban (Community Manager).

GREEN BAY, WI (October 26, 2021) – Today Demiplane, a leading digital platform for tabletop roleplaying fans, announced a multi-year licensing agreement with Paizo Inc. to create Pathfinder Nexus, the official digital toolset and game companion for the award-winning Pathfinder tabletop roleplaying game. Pathfinder Nexus is set to release in early 2022. Pre-orders with early access to the new platform begin today.

Originally released in 2008, Pathfinder is one of the most popular fantasy tabletop roleplaying games in the world, filled with unique characters, rich lore, and exciting monsters, magic, and wonder. Pathfinder Second Edition was released in 2019 with rules that are fast to learn, easy to play, and that offer more customization options than ever before. In Pathfinder, players take on the role of custom-created characters to tell cooperative stories of limitless fantasy adventures and collaborative gameplay amongst friends. Pathfinder Nexus delivers the game’s trove of sourcebooks, character options, and adventures in a convenient and easily accessible way, whether players are new to the game or are long-time veterans.

Pathfinder Nexus will give players the kind of support that a dynamic and expansive game like Pathfinder deserves,” said Adam Bradford, Chief Development Officer at Demiplane. “I have seen firsthand how technology can elevate play experiences. I’m thrilled for fans to see how much convenience Pathfinder Nexus brings to the table so that the most important elements can shine through— the players and the stories you’re telling together.”

Pathfinder Nexus aims to make every part of playing game sessions better, starting with sought-after tools like a game compendium, digital reader, character builder, interactive digital character sheet, as well as a playspace with video chat where all the other tools are fully integrated. Demiplane has an extensive roadmap for Pathfinder Nexus, with new features to enhance play planned for years to come.

“Working with Demiplane on this project has been an absolute dream come true. Demiplane’s team brings digital expertise that is truly unique,” said Erik Mona, Paizo’s Chief Creative Officer. “With Pathfinder Nexus, we’re not only able to enhance overall Pathfinder gameplay, but this new toolset will also ensure that more people can experience the game than ever before.”

Waller

Legend
They helped develop D&D Beyond... that's pretty leading.
And D&D Beyond is certainly a leading digital tabletop platform. Pathfinder Nexus isn’t. It hasn’t even launched.

I’m sure it will be fantastic, and it will be a leading digital tabletop platform. But it’s not yet. And marketing speak has to mean something.

darjr

I crit!
So how are they a leading digital tabletop platform then?

Am I a leading digital tabletop platform? Are we all leading digital tabletop platforms?

Don’t you have to be a digital tabletop platform before you can be a leading one?
I dunno? Ask them?

why are you cranking my gears?

they have had other services. Their platform, while not supporting a specific toolset, has been a place to find DMs and players and play games.

BadEye

Chief Development Officer at Demiplane
So how are they a leading digital tabletop platform then?

Am I a leading digital tabletop platform? Are we all leading digital tabletop platforms?

Don’t you have to be a digital tabletop platform before you can be a leading one?
I'll take this one and sorry for you getting pulled into it @darjr - that was a label applied by our PR consultant based on previous comments from outlets within the industry regarding the approach we're taking to combining matchmaking, video and voice, and now digital tools in one place. So "leading" in the sense of leading a charge and not necessarily size.

I think it's clear from the comments here that wasn't the right choice of words, but that was the intent.

But we're also comfortable earning the honor of growing into that title in the coming months and years if we're all going to agree it means size or footprint...

teitan

Legend
I vaguely recall an old statement from the boss of a game company that at the time was rather high profile (I think it was Steve Jackson, but I can't be bothered to dig up the actual quote), about how he felt about D&D as competition. His answer was "They're not the competition, they're the recruiters. People start playing D&D, and a couple of years down the line some of them get bored with it and check out my game instead."
yep, that's my point

The things you list in the "future tools" is where things will really come together for Pathfinder Nexus.

Today was an announcement, not a launch. The value of the toolset will (hopefully) be clear once we get to launch early next year. Thanks!
Are you one of the developers of Nexus? I could use some clarification...

Remove ads

Remove ads