Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder Nexus is the Official Toolset for PF2E

Paizo has just announced a partnership with Demiplane to create a D&D Beyond-style digital toolset for Pathfinder 2nd Edition.

maxresdefault.jpg

Demiplane (which is described as "a leading digital platform for tabletop roleplaying fans") was launched last year. Its Chief Development Officer is Adam Bradford, D&D Beyond's co-founder, who left D&D Beyond last year at the same time as other senior staff including Todd Kenrick (DDB's Creative Manager) and Lauren Urban (Community Manager).

GREEN BAY, WI (October 26, 2021) – Today Demiplane, a leading digital platform for tabletop roleplaying fans, announced a multi-year licensing agreement with Paizo Inc. to create Pathfinder Nexus, the official digital toolset and game companion for the award-winning Pathfinder tabletop roleplaying game. Pathfinder Nexus is set to release in early 2022. Pre-orders with early access to the new platform begin today.

Originally released in 2008, Pathfinder is one of the most popular fantasy tabletop roleplaying games in the world, filled with unique characters, rich lore, and exciting monsters, magic, and wonder. Pathfinder Second Edition was released in 2019 with rules that are fast to learn, easy to play, and that offer more customization options than ever before. In Pathfinder, players take on the role of custom-created characters to tell cooperative stories of limitless fantasy adventures and collaborative gameplay amongst friends. Pathfinder Nexus delivers the game’s trove of sourcebooks, character options, and adventures in a convenient and easily accessible way, whether players are new to the game or are long-time veterans.

Pathfinder Nexus will give players the kind of support that a dynamic and expansive game like Pathfinder deserves,” said Adam Bradford, Chief Development Officer at Demiplane. “I have seen firsthand how technology can elevate play experiences. I’m thrilled for fans to see how much convenience Pathfinder Nexus brings to the table so that the most important elements can shine through— the players and the stories you’re telling together.”

Pathfinder Nexus aims to make every part of playing game sessions better, starting with sought-after tools like a game compendium, digital reader, character builder, interactive digital character sheet, as well as a playspace with video chat where all the other tools are fully integrated. Demiplane has an extensive roadmap for Pathfinder Nexus, with new features to enhance play planned for years to come.

“Working with Demiplane on this project has been an absolute dream come true. Demiplane’s team brings digital expertise that is truly unique,” said Erik Mona, Paizo’s Chief Creative Officer. “With Pathfinder Nexus, we’re not only able to enhance overall Pathfinder gameplay, but this new toolset will also ensure that more people can experience the game than ever before.”

BadEye

Chief Development Officer at Demiplane
@BadEye does the Paizolink work with hardbacs or physical body oks bought at Paizos site?
Yes - Paizo Connect works with content pre-orders on Pathfinder Nexus. If you bought the book already through Paizo.com, you receive a 33%/$10 discount. If you don't own the PDF on Paizo.com, then pre-ordering on Nexus is full price, but it unlocks the PDF through Paizo.com.

Yes - Paizo Connect works with content pre-orders on Pathfinder Nexus. If you bought the book already through Paizo.com, you receive a 33%/$10 discount. If you don't own the PDF on Paizo.com, then pre-ordering on Nexus is full price, but it unlocks the PDF through Paizo.com.

So if I have a subscription for a book and PDF with Paizo, I'll get a 33% deal for the book on Nexus. Is that correct?

Trying to figure out a good way to balance all three (Physical, PDF, Nexus). Not going to tell you how to do your job, but if it's not already the case it'd be nice for a Paizo subscription to have an option for Nexus as well. I don't know your margins or how feasible that is with your business relationship, but I figure if I have you hear, I might at least mention it. ;)

TheSword

Legend
D&D is always going to be the Magilla Gorilla but with D&D raising the tide like it has, Paizo is poised to continue to take advantage of that tide falling a little.
I’m not sure that’s what the rising tide metaphor means. The tide doesn’t have to fall for Paizo to do well. It needs to increase and Paizo gets carried along with it.

On a separate note, from everything I’ve seen and everything I’ve read, I don’t think a digital service is going to turn around PF2

teitan

Legend
I’m not sure that’s what the rising tide metaphor means. The tide doesn’t have to fall for Paizo to do well. It needs to increase and Paizo gets carried along with it.

On a separate note, from everything I’ve seen and everything I’ve read, I don’t think a digital service is going to turn around PF2
No someone else understood what I was saying. The industry is doing better as a whole and as people begin to seek out something other than D&D Pathfinder is one of those poised to provide that different experience and this program is one of those that can help ease that transition. You latter paragraph is moot considering that the industry is doing better and considering P2 remains in the no 2 spot, it stands to reason it is doing fine as well. If not then the rest of the industry, outside of Cthulhu, must be in dire straits for all the doom and gloom P2 naysayers cast upon it. It’s just sports balling D&D and pathfinder though. Go team go! Who we cheering for now??

BadEye

Chief Development Officer at Demiplane
So if I have a subscription for a book and PDF with Paizo, I'll get a 33% deal for the book on Nexus. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.

Not going to tell you how to do your job, but if it's not already the case it'd be nice for a Paizo subscription to have an option for Nexus as well. I don't know your margins or how feasible that is with your business relationship, but I figure if I have you hear, I might at least mention it. ;)
We are working with Paizo on the potential of subscription integration. More details to come!

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases