Pathfinder Remastered Previews, Starfinder Field Test 2, and More

Catching up on all the Pathfinder Remastered previews, Starfinder Mystic class Field Test, Stream schedule, and Organized Play updates.

Catching up on all the Pathfinder Remastered previews, Starfinder Mystic class Field Test, Stream schedule, and Organized Play updates.

PZO2121_wallofthorns_2000x1333.png

Pathfinder Remastered Previews​

Paizo has been giving us all the previews lately on what's going on with the Pathfinder Remastered project. If you want to go even more in depth, check out the Core Preview File. It will talk more about changing "spell level" to "spell rank," the removal of spell schools, and the new spell format.

Spell components have been removed from spells which will allows the classes more freedom to define how they cast spells. You no longer need to track different proficiencies for each tradition of spells you have, it's just the highest proficiency you already have and lets the attributes do the work. Damaging cantrips will now only use the damage dice rather than adding an attribute modifier. Many focus spells with longer casting times have had their casting times reduced so you can use them in the middle of an encounter.

Pathfinder Player Core will include the following ancestries: dwarf, elf, gnome, goblin, halfling, human, leshy, and orc. In order to reflect the diversity of Golarion, it will introduce versatile heritages: extra options of mixed ancestries and extraplanar origins. Characters can only have one heritage and one lineage feat, but that doesn't mean that other bloodlines don't show up in interesting ways in their DNA.

Ranger's are getting a tweak in their spellcasting. Spellcasting progression is now part of the core components of being a ranger. Their feats will also be streamlined to accrue and recategorize their spells. There will also be some new feats like Warden's Reload, which allows the ranger to reload as a free action once per round if they cast a warden spell. Snares are not going to appear in the Player Core, but will be added in Player Core 2 with the Snarecrafter archetype. Crossbows are now their own weapon group, and a martial crossbow has been added.

There was an entire blog outlining the chapters of the GM Core that took you through running published adventures to making your own game, as well as handing out treasure.

Starfinder Mystic Field Test​

The second field test for Starfinder Second Edition is live and it is the first five levels of the mystic class, along with a few Starfinder 2e spells. The mystic relies on its connections and forming bonds with fellow party members. These connections help customize how they use their vitality network, allowing them to be a powerful healer. There will be more chances for mystics to be more directly connected with deities, but they won't be required to worship deities if they don't chose to.

Stream Schedule​

Paizo announced their Twitch Schedule for the month. This includes a Friday the 13th Lost Omens discussion of the upcoming Pathfinder Lost Omens: Tian Xia World Guide and Pathfinder Lost Omens: Tian Xia Character Guide, as well as Pathfinder and Starfinder Society Foundry Showcases.

Organized Play Updates​

The following adventures will be available on October 25, 2023: Pathfinder Society Scenario #5-05: The Island of the Vibrant Dead, Starfinder Society Scenario #6-08: Lost Revelry, and Starfinder Society Scenario #6-09: Ridgerock Rescue.

Dawn Dalton

Dawn Dalton

I know this is a couple months old but I just discovered it:

The following is from the official Fantasy Grounds message boards:

Along with

I think this pretty much cements my shift from D&D to PF2R.
There will still be people that complain because reasons, but I really think Paizo and their partners are really trying to make this a thing people will want to adopt while making it possible to keep using the old stuff. Pathbuilder and Archives of Nethys have also pledged to have support for both options available. Demiplane is making a similar offer to what you mentioned for Fantasy Grounds where if you buy the existing CRB, they’ll give you Player Core 1 for free when it’s available. I believe they’re doing the same for GM Core and Monster Core though not 100% sure. They’ll also unlock class options from the CRB that are in Player Core 2 when that releases.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I started an AP subscription to get the free PDF for SoG (which discounts a future Foundry module purchase) and it reflects some Remaster changes. Ability scores are gone and it just lists the modifiers. I did notice alignment is still used so that’s not gone yet. I haven’t had time to give it a thorough read yet to see what else is different.

I do not have SoG yet, but Monster/NPC stat blocks have always just listed the bonus for ability scores.

Remove ads

Remove ads