Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] Software Support?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Excel files with macros are the bane of my existence. That looks like a really good sheet, but I can only use it in a limited way since Microsoft stopped supporting VB macros. Arrgh!

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I use a Mac, and it's MS Office for Mac 2008. It's a different version for Windows users, I think. I could be wrong. Maybe it's only a Mac thing. I'm not fond of a lot of the format changes they made in this latest version of the software, but I get so many papers submitted in .docx format, that I had no choice but to upgrade.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I use a Mac, and it's MS Office for Mac 2008. It's a different version for Windows users, I think. I could be wrong. Maybe it's only a Mac thing. I'm not fond of a lot of the format changes they made in this latest version of the software, but I get so many papers submitted in .docx format, that I had no choice but to upgrade.
You might try getting OpenOffice for the Mac. I just played around a little with the Excelerator, and it generally seemed to be working, though I ran into problems accidentally clicking on the natural armor box. (I'm on Linux at the moment, but I believe the OpenOffice functionality is the same cross-platforms.)

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Thanks for the advice. I tried open office, but it sucked up an enormous amount of hard drive space, and really slowed my system down. I think I may just reinstall an earlier version of Office, and use the macro-enabled version of excel. Then hope it doesn't crash on me!

fivepopes

Explorer
iPhone app with PRD

I just finished programming v1.1 of my iPhone app called PFR. It's in the appstore at: PFR for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store

The PFR app features:
- Full Pathfinder reference document, fully browseable
- Back, forward and main menu buttons
- Bookmarking
- App remembers the last visited item
- Rotation to landscape removes all GUI elements, making for less cluttered browsing. Good for reading tables.

I wrote this because I needed it myself during PF gaming sessions, but thought others might benefit too.

Theocrat

First Post
Any hope of getting an Android version of the PFRD app? That sounds like a wonderful product that would be very useful esp. during Cons when I don't have access to a computer.

Meatpuppet

Explorer
For those of you still addicted to DM Genie,

Noretoc has started a Yahoo group dedicated on making a DM Genie version of the Pathfinder RPG.

Any help on this daunting task would be appreciated :)

DMgeniepathfinder

Here is the site description:
This group is for people who wish to work on updating DM Genie for the Pathfinder RPG. Only thoes willing to code or do data entry should join. Work will be shared when complete to other DM Genie groups

hicksms

First Post
DMGenie Pathfinder

For those of you still addicted to DM Genie,

Noretoc has started a Yahoo group dedicated on making a DM Genie version of the Pathfinder RPG.

Any help on this daunting task would be appreciated :)

DMgeniepathfinder

I offered my services and to join the group, apparently he only wants code writers, I can't write code, but offered to enter data, and was turned down... with profanity. I don't know him though, maybe I caught him on a bad day.

Remove ads