• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] The Fog of War

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
(Gah! I thought I'd posted to this already! Sorry everyone, if you were waiting on me! :( )

More like waiting on me. Bad DM! Bad!

Without getting any closer than he needs to, Piedra will move into a position where he can see into the barn.

Assuming that it appears clear, he will creep upto the barn and have a proper look. Likewise the house.

The minutes stretch by as Piedra cautiously, methodically scouts the area. He finds no danger lurking in the barn, although it is obvious some of the violence displayed outside took place in that structure. He shifts his attention to the house.

Just as he is about to push the door open a bit more to get a look inside, Piedra's keen eyes discern faint tracings around the door frame. A glyph of warding!

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra suddenly draws back from the door, a look of surprise on his face. "Watch the door. It has a glyph on it." he says. Then continues "No-one's supposed to knew about magic here, yet whoever was here obviously did. I wonder if they know about the gate back home."

Turning to Mellisande, Piedra asks "Mellisande. How do we get rid of that glyph?

Shayuri

First Post
"Set it off," replies the gnome promptly. "It's the only way to be sure."

She quickly scurries back a bit from the door, making it clear she wasn't volunteering.

Andor

First Post
Too far back from the farm to really follow what's happening Sam tries to distract Teyve with quiet conversation as he nervously scans the area.

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra grins at Mellisande and replies "Just because I'm a dwarf doesn't mean I'm stupid. This is a case for some lateral thinking. Jon can you" Piedra stops speaking abruptly as he suddenly realises that Jon does not appear to be around. Looking around frantically, he exclaims "Where's Jon gone?"

[sblock="OOC"]According to post 107, Jon entered the house.[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
According to post 107, Jon entered the house.

Doh! How did I miss that? Time for a retcon!

Piedra looks through a window and sees Jon inside the house, walking toward the front door from the rear where he entered.

Meanwhile, across the street, Tevye looks at Sam, "Is it safe? We cannot leave them...like that."

Shayuri

First Post
"I didn't mean YOU set it off," Mellisande scolds. "I meant throw a rock at it or something. Or conjure a monkey to go look at it. These things usually only work once after all."

ghostcat

First Post
Seeing Jon walking towards the front door, Piedra thinks No time for subtleties here and putting thoughts to words smashes the window with the handle of his axe. "JON STOP" he shouts, then continuing in a normal voice he says "The door is trapped."

Once he is sure that Jon is safe, Piedra will answer Mellisande "I didn't actually think you did. I was been funny. Anyway, I didn't know you could set off glyphs using inanimate object."

Andor

First Post
Meanwhile, across the street, Tevye looks at Sam, "Is it safe? We cannot leave them...like that."

"We won't, I promise you. But the safety of the living comes before the dignity of the dead." Sam glances again at the bodies then looks away scanning the surrounding area.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads