Paths of Legend: The Azgundi Tournaments

Yttermayn

First Post
OOC: Aohdan and Estelle had a moment once at the campfire, but by my reckoning, Estelle is outside and Aohdan is inside, unaware of her presence.

ethandrew

First Post
Estelle smiles at Johen warmly before diving into her answer, "Well, I left to seek answers, as you all know, and I found what I was looking for, so now I'm here. I'm here to help in any way." A matter of fact answer, one that held no excitement and joy, but no remorse either. "I heard you guys have had a rough go of things, right?"

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Shayuri, are you still with us?

Renaldo: His Lady's Orders

Nineveh ponders Renaldo's words for quite some time before speaking, "It seems I cannot trust anyone, even my most loyal guards. You are free from influence so far, but how long will that last? My enemies will seek you out and try to use you against me."

She seems worried and saddened by the turn of events. Finally, she takes the necklace bearing the seal of Anovia from her own neck and fastens it around Renaldo's.

"You are all I have left. This will protect you from magical enchantments, but it also means that any potential assassin using it to try to magically locate me will find you instead. Go to your dinner and drink with this woman. Stay close to this group that aided you in dealing with the sickened dragon. Be visible at the tournaments. Perhaps you can find out who enspelled Dominic and who it is that seeks my demise. Report back to me when you've discovered something."

OOC: The amulet provides immunity to any affect (beneficial or harmful) with the "Mind-Affecting" descriptor.

Valen and Aleera: Suspicions

As soon as Valen and Aleera are alone, the elven woman turns to face the ranger with an intense rage in her eyes, "I don't like that Estelle woman and what's more I don't trust her."

Everyone Else

OOC: Estelle and Renaldo have a date to keep and Valen and Aleera have some issues to work out, but we'll try to wrap that up quickly so we can get to the next day and the start of the tournaments. Or, if its ok with Scott DeWar, ethandrew, and Helfdan, we can move on to the next game day and keep playing the previous night's conversations as "flashback" sequences.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=what to do] I think that going on to the next day and doing the evening as 'flashback sequences is most fair for every one[/sblock]

Renaldo is about to object, but this is the wishes of the Lady and she is way more wise then he. The thought of an assaasan finding him intead of her is much more prefered, so he acceps the necklace and puts it on.

when dismissed he does so with out any further words, returning to his room to silently release the anguish of his soul over all that is happening. splashing water on his face and freshining up greatly, he prepares for his prosised drink....

(moving to the guild?)

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Valen looks more amazed than anything at Aleera's reaction. "My lady... I know you have just met her, and do not know her worth... but your reaction is so intense. Just what is it that bothers you?"

OOC: agree with moving on, boss

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum snores, with his moustache accompanying the air flow from his open, beer smelling mouth. He dreams about Dragon skin trousers.

OOC: I agree to move on.

Amaury

First Post
OOC: ok move on.

Johen replies to Estelle and debriefs her quickly on their peregrinations before excusing himself and getting some rest at the inn.

ethandrew

First Post
Estelle bids goodnight to those who are turning in for the evening, but Estelle instead heads into the tavern, knowing that meeting the elite guard would probably be the wisest choice of action at this moment.

I'm fine with moving on and playing flashbacks.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The Night Before: Estelle and Renaldo

As Renaldo leaves the Lords' Manor, he notes a sudden bustle of activity. Overheard conversation seems to indicate that one of the lords has called an emergency session of the House of Lords. Renaldo catches a glimpse of a woman in the crowd, something oddly familiar about her. He isn't able to see her face fully before she gets swallowed by the crowd, however.

Renaldo arrives back at the Guild tavern shortly after the rest of the group retires for the evening, leaving him and Estelle alone.

However, the Guild tavern's manager has posted a "Closed for Clean-up" sign on the door as the staff cleans up the mess from the dragon fight.

The Night Before: Valen and Aleera

Aleera shakes her head, "I don't know. Its like there's something wrong with her, but I can't figure out what. Its just a feeling, but I learned long ago to trust my feelings."

The Tournaments: Day One

OOC: Helfdan, Scott DeWar, and ethandrew, you will need to include your characters' actions for both the night before and the current day's activities.

The first morning of the tournaments begins with an opening ceremony of dancers and performers, followed by the grand procession of current lords and ladies.

Leading the procession is Lady Dawn de Guare, a radiant half-celestial whose liquid silver eyes seem to almost glow in the early morning sun. Her wings are fully extended and she carries the Scepter of the Tournament Marshal, the symbol of office for the officiator of the tournament.

Following behind her are most of Azgund's lords and ladies including...

Lady Nineveh d'Anovia,

Lord Ezra de Vedlund

Lady Devera de Sisan

Lord Calidnay de Reislau

and many others.

Renaldo finds himself tasked with carrying the banner of Anovia in the Parade of Lords, a step behind his lady.

After the ceremony, the names of the contestants signed up for the archery tournament are called out, including Shayuri, Aohdan, Valen, Muzdum, Lady Devera de Sisan, Shokar of the Drukkari Red-Axe, and Captain Jannus of Vedlund.

The herald's magically augmented voice echoes through the tournament grounds, "Participants in the archery challenge must report to the archery range one hour past noonday. Entry will be barred five minutes afterward and you will forfeit your eligibility to compete in the event. Good luck to all!"

It is currently about two hours before noon. Nearly the entire city is out on the tournament grounds and the hustle and bustle is enormous. Entertainers are everywhere, an open market is set up selling a variety of exotic goods, each Lord and Lady has a tent setup with some "holding court" in lavish fashion and others all business, and everywhere one looks there is a feeling of excitement and festiveness in the air.

OOC: If Shayuri, Aohdan, Valen and Muzdum plan to do anything prior to the archery event, now is the time. I'll also need to know what Alaric, Renaldo, Estelle, and Johen are planning on doing during the archery event.

OOC: The tournament schedule is as follows (character names of PCs and important NPCs signed up for events are included in () to help me keep track of who is where):

Day One Morning: Opening Ceremony
Day One Afternoon: Archery (Shayuri, Aohdan, Valen, Muzdum, Jannus, Lady Devera, Shokar)
Day One Evening: Debate (Shayuri, Aohdan, Johen, Muzdum, Alaric, Vashar, Lady Nineveh, Lady Devera)

Day Two Morning: Fox Hunt (Valen, Johen, Muzdum, Jannus, Lady Nineveh, Shokar)
Day Two Afternoon: Wrestling (Aohdan, Valen, Muzdum, Alaric, Vashar, Shokar)
Day Two Evening: Oratory (Shayuri, Johen, Muzdum, Alaric, Vashar, Lady Nineveh)

Day Three Morning: Joust (Aohdan, Valen, Muzdum, Jannus)
Day Three Afternoon: Castles (Shayuri, Valen, Johen, Muzdum, Alaric, Vashar, Lady Nineveh, Lady Devera)
Day Three Evening: Drinking Contest (Shayuri, Aohdan, Valen, Muzdum, Alaric, Jannus, Lady Devera, Shokar)

Day Four Morning: Dueling (Shayuri, Aohdan, Valen, Renaldo, Muzdum, Alaric, Jannus, Vashar, Lady Nineveh, Lady Devera, Shokar)
Day Four Afternoon: Deliberation of the Judges/Grand Fete
Day Four Evening: Bestowing of Titles and Lands/Closing Ceremony

Last edited:

Remove ads