Paths of Legend - Tragedy at Silvergard (Vol 2)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: This is the continuation of the Tragedy at Silvergard game.

Valen and Aleera

The tureni ranger and the elf venture down towards the valley. Valen notes that the flyers are almost upon the orcs and he gets a glimpse of insect like wings.

OOC: Three climb checks please.

Climb checks (1d20+1=4, 1d20+1=12, 1d20+1=8)

Aleera stumbles on the steep slope, skidding down to a ledge and landing with a hard thump.

Falling damage on Aleera (1d6=1)

Johen, Muzdum, Aohdan, Alaric, and Norali

OOC: Taking some liberties with Johen's bird.

Norali answers the centaur, "Azilyk is the Serpent, a malevolent and immensely powerful woman, said to be immortal, at least in spirit. No matter how many times heroes have slain her, she finds a way to come back. All I know about her is what I've heard from Uncle Jolly's stories."

Highflyer descends from where he was circling above and lights on Johen's shoulder, squawking a bit in apparent alarm.

William

The ghostly woman nods and leads William toward the left hand platform. As soon as the paladin steps on it, it begins to rise toward the ceiling. The trap door in the ceiling slides open as William's head nears it and he finds himself in a small, dank, seemingly natural cave. As he steps off the platform, the door closes again and, if he hadn't just seen where it closed, he would not have been able to spot its location as it is made to blend into the cave floor.

The cave entrance is nearby and William sees sunlight outside it. The ghostly woman beckons.

Corath

The lead elf smiles and says to his companions in elven, "It appears my lack of belief in coincidences is being strained to the breaking point."

The lead elf then addresses Corath, "We have indeed run across such a strange group as you describe. They had this dragon with them and we are now taking the dragon to the Azgundi capital to learn more about the Dragon Plague that afflicts him. One of our number, Aleera, journeys with them now."

A female elf whispers to the leader in elven, "And I still say it was unwise to leave Aleera with them. Her heart is ruled by vengeance."

Last edited:

Amaury

First Post
OOC: first to reply!! ;)

Where is Valen? Johen wonders. He looks at Norali when she replies to others. "How do you know her and why did you pronounce her name?? Strange phenomena are occuring around us, if you know something, speak!"

He barely hears Highflyer landing back on his shoulder, but then notices the state of his animal companion and tries to make some sense of it.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
William steps out into the sunlight, his eyes squinting against the harsh light as he takes a few moments to readjust to the outdoors, before looking around in an attempt to get his bearings.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Amaury said:
OOC: first to reply!! ;)

Johen stops by the hill and hides himself to the best of his ability using the nearby cover. He looks at Norali when she replies to others.
He barely hears Highflyer landing back on his shoulder, but then notices the state of his animal companion and tries to make some sense of it.

OOC2: have I misunderstood our location or we're at risk of being spoted by the flying things and no one seems bothered by that? how far are we from them?? how far is Valen?

OOC: Valen and Aleera had scouted ahead a bit and are currently out of sight of the rest of the party. Johen, Muzdum, Alaric, Aohdan, and Norali are not yet aware of the flyers or the orcs in the valley.

Yttermayn

First Post
"So maybe Az-il-ik and those strange men who tried to take the dagger earlier are probably related somehow. Maybe henchmen?" Aohdan paused. "I mean, if we're to believe my glowie-eyed babbling that is..."

OOC: Can't remember, did anybody recognize the race of those guys who were after the dagger?

Arkhandus

First Post
(OOC: Nope, Alaric has 6 out of 10 knowledge skills, neither history nor planar are among them, so he didn't recognize 'em; rolled terribly for the check anyway)

shadowmask

First Post
crazy_monkey1956 said:
Corath

The lead elf smiles and says to his companions in elven, "It appears my lack of belief in coincidences is being strained to the breaking point."

The lead elf then addresses Corath, "We have indeed run across such a strange group as you describe. They had this dragon with them and we are now taking the dragon to the Azgundi capital to learn more about the Dragon Plague that afflicts him. One of our number, Aleera, journeys with them now."

A female elf whispers to the leader in elven, "And I still say it was unwise to leave Aleera with them. Her heart is ruled by vengeance."

Corath cocks her head and speaks to the leader in Elven. "Perhaps you do not know...speaking in such a manner is considered rude in human lands." Turning to the elf woman, Corath continues, "Is your former companion a potential threat to my companions?"

Remove ads