• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend - Tragedy at Silvergard (Vol 2)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Corath

The elven leader cocks his head as well, a bemused smile adorning his features, "Apologies. No, she is no threat, but she may lead them into danger of orcs are near."

The woman does not seem to be so forgiving, looking askance at Corath as if to say "How dare a human sully our language by speaking it."

The dragon, meanwhile, has approached Corath and is sniffing at her curiously. Corath can see patches of its scales missing, angry red welts on the skin where the scales should be.

William

William is on a sunlit plateau, though the place is far from level. It appears to be a series of plateaus, all of them connected by stone stairways carved into the short cliffs. To the west is the sheer cliff that marks the overall plateau's edge. To the north is a partly finished road that tapers into a trail taking a meandering route through the mountains, presumably to the trail William's companions are likely on. To the south is impassable jagged cliffs and mountains. To the east is Silvergard, situated on a series of plateaus. The nearest and largest appears to be the remains of the small community. Beyond that, on one of the highest rises, is the mostly finished keep. To the northeast, seperated by several hundred yards from the rest of the community, is what appears to the entrance to some sort of mine, with abandoned mining equipment lying outside of a carved tunnel entrance.

William's ghostly guide heads for the mine entrance saying, "There is a shortcut, like the one we just used, hidden within."

Valen, Aleera

Valen reaches Aleera with no problems. She picks herself up and dusts herself off, obviously indignant at having stumbled. Unfortunately, her fall appears to have gotten the flyers attention as one of them veers off and starts heading toward the ranger and the elf-woman. As it approaches, Valen is finally able to make out details.

The creature appears to be a humanoid bee, carrying an oversized bow. About the size of a horse, it carries no other gear. The creature stops and hovers overhead, speaking Common in an oddly droning, echoing voice, "More intruders to hive. In league with orc-things?"

Aleera appears to bristle at the bee-creature's words, her hand moving toward her weapons.

Alaric, Muzdum, Johen, Aohdan, Norali

Johen's hawk squawks and then takes off again, circling and then heading in the direction Valen and Aleera left in. Johen knows the hawk's behavior well enough to know that it wants him to follow.

Norali says, "Truthfully I don't know any more about Azilyk than what I've already shared. I'm sorry."

Yttermayn

First Post
crazy_monkey1956 said:
Corath
Alaric, Muzdum, Johen, Aohdan, Norali

Johen's hawk squawks and then takes off again, circling and then heading in the direction Valen and Aleera left in. Johen knows the hawk's behavior well enough to know that it wants him to follow.

Norali says, "Truthfully I don't know any more about Azilyk than what I've already shared. I'm sorry."

"Then to the hells with it." Aohdan said. He turned to see the hawk's behavior and Johen's reaction. He walked up to Johen with his eyes tracking the hawk's flight and gently clapped him on the shoulder to let him know he is right behind.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Do' let tha' dwarf behin' ye' blasted "fasty" lads!" Muzdum grumbles, as he pursuit the pair, making noise with his gear, as he jumps and tumbles through the woodland.

shadowmask

First Post
crazy_monkey1956 said:
Corath

The elven leader cocks his head as well, a bemused smile adorning his features, "Apologies. No, she is no threat, but she may lead them into danger of orcs are near."

The woman does not seem to be so forgiving, looking askance at Corath as if to say "How dare a human sully our language by speaking it."

The dragon, meanwhile, has approached Corath and is sniffing at her curiously. Corath can see patches of its scales missing, angry red welts on the skin where the scales should be.

A perplexed expression flits across Corath's face as the leader cocks his head. She then gives a slight shake to her head, The Voice...no, Jolly, Uncle Jolly...told me that this particular habit of mine would eventually be noticed. She smiles at the thought that eventually was sooner than she thought.

Corath ignores the dragon and the elven woman. "I should continue on, then. The road has no immediate threats that I know of. Of course, I cannot promise that this remains true." She nods a farewell to the group in front of her, "Good evening to you," and continues on. I must reach the others before this elven woman causes more trouble than my...friends, yes, friends...can handle on their own.

Helfdan

First Post
Valen
Valen speaks slowly, without hostility, yet with no obseqiousness... in other words, plainly. "We are no friends of the orcs, but we mean you no harm."

Arkhandus

First Post
Alaric the Alchemist

(ooc: A thinly-disguised bump...)

"So...what are we doing?" Alaric asks, "And when are the scouts getting back? They're taking awefully long."

Jemal

Adventurer
William follows silently, reluctant to return underground after such a brief glimpse of the sun, but eager to rejoin his companions.

Amaury

First Post
"I don't know.. Valen is taking his time..
hum, Highflyer is being funny.. I think he wants me to follow him.. but I don't know why, and I don't like the idea...
We need to find that secret tunnel..
I hope though Valen is not in some kind of trouble..."

He turns to Norali and says with a hint of annoyance in his voice: "SOoo.. Norali, will you lead us to that secret tunnel of yours or not??"

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Alaric, Muzdum, Aohdan, Johen, and Norali

Norali glances back toward where Valen and Aleera left for a moment, concern creasing her brow, before she leads the way back toward the cliff-face.

"It should be right around here somewhere."

OOC: Search checks, please. Muzdum gets to add his +2 bonus from stonecunning.

Valen and Aleera

The bee-thing buzzes a bit and then turns abruptly away. It starts to fly away, then turns its head back, "Warm-blood hairy walkers follow. Fight orc-things. Then hive will talk."

Aleera apparently needs no further encouragement, heading further into the wooded valley toward the orcs.

William

The path to the mine entrance takes William nearer the village. The village looks long abandoned, wind and rain having toppled some of the more flimsy buildings, the rest having endured ten years of bad weather with no upkeep. The most intact looking structure appears to be a shrine of some sort...in fact, the stone the building is made of, as well as the overall architectural style, seems out of place with the rest of the village.

The mining equipment at the mouth of the mine is also long abandoned, rusted and pitted beyond use or value. William's ghostly guide ignores it as she moves into the mine tunnel and then through a section of the tunnel about 100 feet in or so. William can see the faint outline of a hidden door in the tunnel wall.

Corath

The elves bid Corath farewell, the lead elf giving her a word of caution, "Aleera is one of the few survivors of the Darkwood. If there are orcs about, she may indeed abandon reason."

Another couple of days of walking both night and day brings Corath onto a narrow mountain trail.

Up ahead she sees two potential paths to follow. One that appears to lead down, possibly into a valley of some sort, though the cliffs block her view of it, and another that leads up into the cliffs themselves.

Remove ads