• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend - Tragedy at Silvergard (Vol 2)

Yttermayn

First Post
After Johen's pronouncement, Aohdan drew steel and stepped to the side of the opening in preparation to hack anything that came through. He swung his blade downward towards the head of the being emerging from the tunnel, only pulling his blow at the last moment when he recognized A familiar voice. The edge of the sword bounced lightly off of Sir William's shoulder armor, and Aohdan gave William an apologetic grin.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Me granpy' spirit spits on me braided beard! It ye' lad! Where have ye' been? What y'e be doin' in tha' tunnel?" the dwarf questions the paladin, still holding his hammer in hand and his shield up.

Arkhandus

First Post
Alaric takes a wary step back from the tunnel after Johen's exclamation, readying his crossbow in case another band of strange humanoids appear like last time to steal the dagger. He remains wary and hesitant when William emerges from the dark tunnel, not sure if it's a trick.

Amaury

First Post
"Hey? Wi..lliam?... Johen wonders, disbelieving what he's seeing. how could he be just here?? that's impossible! he thinks.

His recent thoughts and his usual paranoid character however very quickly regain consciousness: "Are you William or just an image of him??...
Beware my friends, he might not be who he looks like!!
The premonition was very strong! I felt someone or something was coming from this tunnel to take the Dagger!! It was threatening!"

He asks William: "Who are you? And where is Estelle?? Describe her to us!"

Jemal

Adventurer
"Be calm my friends, it is truley me, put down your arms. This woman has led me to reunite with you, and saved me from near certain death at the mercies of the wild. Even had I survived, it would have been some time before I found you without her aid." William exits the tunnel smiling and putting a hand on Aohdan's shoulder. "What of you? What adventures have I missed in my trek?"

*OOC EDIT: Just noticed previous post that happened while I was typing. Adding second post to address that**

Jemal

Adventurer
William shook his head, eyeing Johen strangely"Not who I appear? Johen, who else would I be?" He reaches out his hand "Take my hand, feel that I am real. I am of no threat to you!"

At the mention of Estelle, his head drops "She.. My love.. She's gone to the Necropolis, I could do nothing else for her, though I have vowed to return for her when I can."
He looks up then, remembering something "They prepare for war! The surrounding areas must be warned, for the dead prepare to march, joining with the orcs of the steppe's!"

shadowmask

First Post
Corath stops as the tableau unfolds. Shiiing...she unsheathes her rapier-hand. Running to join her friends to face this threat, she raises her voice, "What is this? What threat do you face?" She reaches the others obviously not winded from her increased pace up the hill.

Arriving in time to hear William's report of the impending invasion, she cocks her head to the side and says with her typical abruptness, "What of our mission to Silvergard?" With Johen still tense, Corath shifts to place herself between Alaric and any threat from the tunnel.

Yttermayn

First Post
"Indeed, Our mission to Silvergard awaits. I do not believe it is mere coincidence that our lost William appears out of the very tunnel we sought to use to get to Silvergard, and with a tail to tell of an army of darkness to boot!" Aohdan grew excited, then serious. "We should make haste to investigate Silvergard, it will no doubt illuminate more of the situation for us."

Amaury

First Post
"Hang on Aohdan.. you're right.. this is not mere coincidence that William found us here.. he said it himself: "this woman has led me here".. I don't know who you are referring to.. what woman and who is she to know us??" Johen asks, still not completely reassured.

OOC: why is COrath talking?? i missed something or she's just joined us??

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads