• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend - Tragedy at Silvergard (Vol 2)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Tha be the lad', Ah' recognice 'im, come here ye' skinny good fer nothin'!" Muzdum says, opening his arms to hug (and posibly crush) William.

OOC: I was asking myself the same question.

Arkhandus

First Post
(OOC: To quoth the Monkey, "Corath rounds a bend in the mountain trail and comes upon a stark cliff face. Further up the trail she sees a group clustered around a strange opening in the cliffside. It's hard to make out details, but she is fairly certain that the horse shape at the back of the group is actually a centaur...and she's only ever seen one centaur in her entire existence.")

Alaric still gives William the hairy eye, not yet convinced it isn't a trick. "What woman? No one's come through the tunnel with you."

He does, however, jump for a second when Corath runs up from around the mountain path, speaking up. The alchemist lowers his crossbow for a moment and turns around to see the 'lady' Corath. "You're....back too? Surely someone's playing a trick on us?" he mumbles.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Unless I've completely lost my mind... or you've lost your sight..." William turns and looks directly at the woman "Have I? Or can they not see you for some reason? If what you told me is true, then show yourself to them."

He looks back to the group "She described to me a group that I knew must be you, saying you had a dagger which could restore her from her cursed form to life. I knew it must be divine intervention, and not simple coincedence, and so joined with her to find you.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The Reunion Goes Awry

As the group is speaking to one another, a ghostly form emerges out of the cliff face. A woman whom William knows to be his guide but whom the others have not see before.

Johen feels a warmth emanating from the dagger and an urge...a dark desire...to simply hand the Dagger to this woman though such would be impossible given her immaterial form.

In a hollow, echoing voice, the woman speaks, "I am the guide of which your friend speaks. I need the Dagger in order to regain my corporeal form. I also need a...temporary place to reside so I can use it." Her gaze falls upon Corath.

At that moment, however, the group hears an orcish war cry from somewhere beyond the rocks the Valen and Aleera vanished behind.

Stealth Interrupted

Aleera utters an elven epithet as the pair, attempting to be stealthy, hear the orcs bellow out a war cry and start running in their direction, crashing through the underbrush.

At the same time, the bee-creatures dive at the orcs, weapons ready.

OOC: Valen needs to roll initiative. He has a round to get into a defensive position or use the terrain to his advantage...or run, though Aleera is readying herself to stand her ground.

Helfdan

First Post
Valen Sablewood

"There is naught left to us but battle!" Valen speaks hoarsely as he seeks a defensible spot on the mountainside. "Come, lass, let us guard each other' s back!"

[sblock=Round 1]

Initiative 18

I will describe the ideal spot Valen wants to find on that hillside: One with 1-at least some cover from arrows (such as behind a rock) and 2-surrounded by difficult terrain, so that the orcs will draw AoOs if they move to flank us, once we are in melee. Hopefully Valeera should be close so they can fight back-to-back (given the mountain at our bak, I dont think we're running... ) :D

Let's see if I'm being too ambitious... ;)

[/sblock]

Yttermayn

First Post
Aohdan's Head snaps up at the sound of the war cry, and his blade follows suit. In a bound, he covers the short distance to the rocks and down the hillside on his way to back up Valen and Aleera.

Jemal

Adventurer
"LATER!" William speaks to the ghost and Corath as he draws his Sword and Shield, going after Aohdan "We must investigate!"

Arkhandus

First Post
Alaric looks between William, Corath, and the ghost for a few seconds, befuddled and trying to figure out what's really going on. Finally, he says to Corath and Muzdum, as the others go running off, "I don't trust creepy ghosts, as a rule. Keep well away from it. Maybe William hit his head and lost his sense. But let's go see if Valen just got himself into trouble down there." He points his crossbow toward where the shouting came from, and slowly starts to follow the others.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Aye, ye be speaking truth. Nay way a ghost 's goin' ta take Muzdum down, tha' Ah' can guaranty ye" Muzdum says, equiping his hammer and shield. The dwarf starts walking after William.

shadowmask

First Post
Corath nods in acknowledgement of Alaric's statement about the transparent woman. She turns to follow, not making any effort at stealth. Her rapier-hand comes into a "guard" position.

[sblock=OOC for DM]How much about this particular ghostly figure would Corath know from Jolli?[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads