Paths of Legend - Tragedy at Silvergard (Vol 2)

shadowmask

First Post
OOC: I think this got asked in the "talking" thread, but to answer the question...video games. I'm doing what needs doing to be a designer. :lol:

Corath listens to her companions. She nods and smiles slightly as the others make their choices.

Turning to Alaric, she says, "I will have to leave you in the others' capable hands. I cannot go with you back to the capital."

Turning to Varol, she takes a deep breath. "I will stay here to guard the prison from any who wish to use its power. I will await the new Lord or Lady here, hoping that one of my companions earns that title."

With that the nimblewright simply stands, assuming a posture the others haven't seen since they left Azgund together. Corath stands perfectly still as if even the earth could not mover her from this place.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Varol nods to Corath, "Then I relinquish guardianship to you. I will seek out Norali and bring her and the Dagger back here until one of you," he motions to the rest of the group with a nod of his lion-like head, "returns as Lord of Silvergard or at the very least as advisor to the new Lord. You are welcome to use the keep to rest before your return journey. For now, I bid you farewell."

The lammassu takes wing with a mighty leap of his legs.

Epilogue

[sblock=Cut Scene - Norali and the Dagger][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpREEiAOs5M]Norali's Struggle[/ame]

The halfling struggled against the slope, the rain, and worst of all, the whisperings in her mind. The Dagger spoke to her, urged her on. The Abeil Queen didn't understand. Johen and the others didn't understand. The Dagger would corrupt them. The Dagger would turn them against eachother. She had to take it away. Far away.

Something had gone wrong. The Shadow Knight appeared before her, battered...beaten. He had been expelled from the Dagger. He could no longer protect her. Slowly he faded away. Slowly her hand grasped the hilt...slowly her hand raised the Dagger to her own throat. Slowly it stabbed through her neck. [/sblock]

That night, Aleera stood with Valen on the balcony of the Lord's keep. Aleera pulled herself close to the ranger to shield herself against a suddenly chill wind. A small hint of a smile played across her features as she took in the magnificent view, "I could get used to this. Perhaps not as Lady of Silvergard...but perhaps on the arm of the new Lord?" She looked into Valen's eyes for a moment and then looked out to the horizon again...

He could not see her eyes...could not see the pupils suddenly turn slitted like those of a serpent.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFfXV3VHyz4]End Credits[/ame]

Last edited:

Remove ads