Paths of Legend - Tragedy at Silvergard (Vol 2)

Arkhandus

First Post
Alaric quietly considers everything once the lammasu starts explaining the situation. 'Well, at least Entan trusted me with something, then. And really, I don't care. But it sure sounds like The Ten need a good kick in the pants to put some sense into them. A drunken monkey could've handled it better. Well, maybe not a monkey, but a drunken dwarf.' he thinks.

Finally, after the most recent comment by the lammasu, Alaric speaks up with "Well if this Dagger is so dang powerful, why didn't the Shadow Knight just take it himself and use it to kill this imprisoned entity, Ortiz or whatever, himself? Then trap Azylik in the Dagger and throw it in the black structure too? Maybe we should just go drag Norali's tiny butt back here and throw the Dagger in as it is?"

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Varol shakes his head, "An aspect of the Shadow Knight fights Azilyk within the Dagger even now. Entrapping him within the obelisk would have dire consequences. And there is significant risk in the transfer of Azilyk's spirit to the obelisk. Thus needing Azilyk herself to do it, in a copy of her mortal form, such as Aleera, or someone with the Hand to do it. If one of us were to attempt to without such means, Azilyk's power would cause us to go in her place, leaving her free to take the body that is left behind."

Helfdan

First Post
Valen Sablewood

"Although I would like to see our forest home soon, my friend, I believe we should help the rest return to Azgund. The more information on Herruwen's fate we bring back, the better it will be for you... remember I was sent to bring you back to face the Druid's Circle. I believe now those who hired us may be more forth-coming with details... perhaps even provide a document that proves your innocence."

Yttermayn

First Post
Aohdan has been staring at the ground through most of the lamassu's whole cathartic dialog. When all is quiet a moment, he says to Varol "You know, you and your leathdhuine friends could have just asked."

Amaury

First Post
Johen is struggling a bit to understand the Lammasu. Aspects of things do not talk too much to the young tureni druid.

"Although I would like to see our forest home soon, my friend, I believe we should help the rest return to Azgund. The more information on Herruwen's fate we bring back, the better it will be for you... remember I was sent to bring you back to face the Druid's Circle. I believe now those who hired us may be more forth-coming with details... perhaps even provide a document that proves your innocence."

When Valen replies he says in turn: "Yes you're wise... I had forgotten this aspect of things.."

Stroking Highflyer, he wonders: "So what shall we do my dear friend..?" what shall we do?"

shadowmask

First Post
Corath, also silent and considering during the greatest of the revelations, looks at her companions. A glint of sorrow in her eyes.

"You say that I was meant to contain Azilyk until such time as she came here? Or was that Aleera?" She flicks an apologetic look toward Valen and Aleera. "If me, how was I supposed to get her here? How do I maintain control long enough to place her in the prison?" She gestures in the direction of the shadowstone structure. "I was in that Dagger, and it lusted for me as much as for Azilyk or William."

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Varol looks at Corath quizzically, "Then Piper miscalculated. It seems that you do have a soul, afterall."

At this point, Varol shakes his mane and lets out a lion-like yawn, "I am sure you have many more questions, but a decision must now be made. What do you intend to do now?"

OOC: At this point, you as players must also make a decision. Very shortly, I will be starting recruitment for the sequel, The 1152 Azgundi Tournaments. As mentioned in the OOC thread, you have the option of carrying these characters over to that game and continuing the story. Remember, that you don't have to be competing in the tournaments to play in the game because, as you can imagine, there will a lot of side plots goings on. So, think carefully about your next IC post as it will be determining where your character goes from here. I have one more IC surprise (a bit of a cliffhanger) in store for my next post.

Yttermayn

First Post
I WASTE HIM WITH MY CROSSBOW!

jk ;-)
OOC: What are my choices? I want to continue playing Aohdan in the sequel; what do I need to do to make that happen? I probably won't be competing, except possibly as a pinch-hitter for a jousting companion ;-)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Those planning on playing in the sequel will want to want to have their characters return to the capital city for whatever reason most motivates them. The motivation could be as simple as wanting to report the group's findings back to the Adventurer's Guild.

Helfdan

First Post
Valen Sablewood

"I believe my duty is to return to Azgund to see if we can get some evidence to clear Johen's name back home, even if it is that accursed dagger." He then glances at Aleera. "And I here there is a good archery contest at the tournament... perhaps Silvergard's lord can be a lady, if she can shoot well enough." Though he smiles as he speaks, he is serious, as it may behoove the elfess to be overseer of this place.

Remove ads