Paths of Legend - Tragedy at Silvergard (Vol 2)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Cut of this mystery beast! Tell things loud and clear! Me head is not fer solving puzzles right now. So speak with no puzzle would ye?" The dwarf says, clearly angry again.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Varol offers a smile, "My apologies, good dwarf. The Hand and the Eye are artifacts equal in power to the Dagger of Souls. They once belonged to a powerful lich who sought to become a god. He was destroyed by the Ten at the end of the Shadow War, but the artifacts remain and could potentially be used to bring him back. If the Dagger is wielded by someone bonded to the Hand and the Eye, in theory, the wielder could access the souls within the Dagger and determine their final resting place. That theory has never been tested and is only believed to work because it was the lich who originally forged the Dagger according to legend. And, no, I will not speak his name for it is a curse that I would prefer not to utter."

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Vecna isn't a god in this setting, just a very, very, very bad powerful lich-dude. ;) Because of that, his name isn't widely known (Knowledge: Arcana check DC 25 to come up with the name IC).

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Okilydokily chief.

"So they fear a dead fella with no hand and no eye. A bag of bones they've already defeated. Great" Muzdum says grumbling.

Amaury

First Post
Johen is shocked a the litany of news and how he and Herruwen were mere pawns for greater schemes.

That Herruwen may have chosen his fate eased his soul a bit. He felt pride at being the apprentice of his master knowing that he was part of such a grand scheme.

He knew the Dagger couldn't be left alone. His instinct had spoken and was right again.

He understood some of his companions disgust but wasn't Dame Nature as cruel in Her own ways?

He asks the Lammasu: "So, if this was just a plan set by greater being, is our original mission to scout the plateau and possibly to understand the palgue of the Dragons over and of no interest? Surely we are not capable to go where the Ten do no want to go.."

OOC: vecna! vecna! vecna!

Helfdan

First Post
Valen Sablewood

Valen listens to the tale attentively, and thinks a while before speaking. "Your question is a good one, and it also makes me wonder whether the adventurer's guild will welcome us back. I am also curious, master Varol, as to what it means to be 'bonded' to the hand and eye... what does it entail? Can anyone just do this, assuming one were to find them?"

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Varol answers Johen, "Your fates are your own now. However, the Lords of Azgund want to reopen the silver mine on this plateau, thus they will push to add Silvergard's lordship to the upcoming tournaments. I will no longer be able to watch over this place when that happens. But, one of you could take my place...by becoming Lord of Silvergard."

Turning to Valen, "The Hand and the Eye exact a terrible price. In order to bond with thm, the wielder must replace his own hand and eye with them."

Amaury

First Post
Be the Lord of a place where one of the mighiest fiend lives emprisoned in a unholy jail?? who'd want that as a Kingdom?? Hum.. thinking of it.. maybe William?.. Johen thinks.

Not meaning to be sarcastic, Johen replies: "Well, glad to hear that I can decide for myself once again.. But things are still not clear to my human mind.. The Dagger, you said that it was to entrap Azilyk, yet why was she seeking it so much??

As to this Lordship, this is not for me, if it ever was a proposal. I am a man who lives by the laws of Nature.. I live amongst the creatures and plants that Dame Nature blesses us with.. not in a keep at a king's court.

Turning to his compratriot he says: "Valen, like you I wonder what my next step should be.. Maybe we should walk back to the High Forest and help sort things out.."

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Varol answers, "The Dagger and Azilyk are, in many ways, one and the same. She needs it in order to giver herself a corporeal form. And the Dagger is powerful...capable of slaying gods...so it is said."

Remove ads