• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend - Tragedy at Silvergard (Vol 2)

Arkhandus

First Post
Alaric stays quiet for a while, and when the group reaches the dark structure, he tries to examine the writing but doesn't recognize it. He ponders Muzdum's words and the placement of the shadowstone building, and says quietly "If it looks like we have to fight in there, we should run to a more open space away from it. We don't wanna risk anyone dyin' near such a stone, if it works like Muzdum said."

[sblock=ooc]Decipher Script roll was a total of 6, so no good. Staying some 20 feet or so behind Muzdum for safety.
Decipher Script check for inscriptions on the Shadowstone (1d20+5=6) [/sblock]

shadowmask

First Post
Corath slowly approaches the strange building. "I do not feel death the same as you." With that statement her only warning, she walks along the perimeter of the building. She runs her hands along the walls obviously feeling for handholds and secret entrances.

[sblock=OOC]Search check: (1d20+2=7)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Eager to put some distance between himself and the stone, Aohdan trots in the direction of the keep. He attempts to maintain 40 feet or so between himself and the scouts so as not to completely ruin their chances at surprise. He keeps his eyes on Valen and Aleera lest he miss a hasty hand gesture to alert the rest of the group to trouble.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Corath finds no visible entrances into the black stone structure, nor any accessible means of climbing it. The walls are smooth stone.

As Valen and Aleera approach the keep, they note that the exterior wall around the courtyard is only partially finished, allowing easy access to the keep itself. Within the courtyard, a stable and armory are clearly visible, though both appear not to have been entered since the place was abandoned ten years ago.

As the others begin to approach the keep, Highflyer squawks in alarm.

OOC: Spot checks please.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Oops, sorry about that.

Johen's search of the first couple of huts reveals little of interest. The huts are sparsely furnished with simple cots and pits for cooking fires. He does find a decaying letter, barely legible...

Dearest Nevis,

Should this letter make it to your hands, know that I and the others here chose our fates of our own free will. I have never considered myself a hero, but there really is no choice here. Better to die than allow such a terrible evil to roam free in this world.

The rest of the letter is too faded to read.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads