• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E PAX East : Acquisitions Incorporated Live Game today

Nemio

First Post
Sunday, March 8th, 1:30 PM (Eastern)

Our heroes arrive in Baldur’s Gate only to find that something foul is afoot.
They must discover the secret evil that smolders in the shadows before the great city turns against them. Join us as Jerry Holkins, Mike Krahulik, Scott Kurtz, and Patrick Rothfuss team up with Dungeon Master Chris Perkins to once again turn peril into profit.

Intro movie and stream can be watched on link below.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/paxeast2015

I always enjoy this so looking forward to it :)

pedr

Explorer
(And since most of North America began daylight saving time today, that's 1730h UTC for those elsewhere trying to work out local time!)

Ebony Dragon

First Post
Despite them playing *extremely* loose with the rules at some points (I mean come on, Perkins let Jim Darkmagic kill a monster using prestidigitation as an attack - lol), it was a very enjoyable session. Much more entertaining than their last couple games, in my opinion.

Iosue

Legend
The PAX East game is always lower key than PAX Prime, but this one was pretty good. Perkins was in fine form. Last year's PAX Prime game was one for ages, though.

It seemed like a gimme session to the PCs, IMHO. Not much challenge. A robo-Beholder with 3 ray attacks? Chandeliers with spinning blades? The monsters were little more than hit point sponges with nearly no character. Players who still, after several years, appear to have no grasp of the rules. Weak sauce for this one, I think.

Remove ads