Payn's Ponderings Traveller Editions

Thomas Shey

Legend
I'll concede there was a change in the direction of consistency. I don't agree that it was an improvement!

When a construction is framed about "consistency of process" it was an improvement. You don't have to accept consistency of process being a virtue for that to be a correct statement.

Mezuka

Hero
Not sure we understand how computer/2 work with the Wafer Jack. Does Bandwidth 8 mean that a character can run simultaneously 4 computer/2 programs (4x2 =8)?

Mezuka

Hero
Not sure we understand how computer/2 work with the Wafer Jack. Does Bandwidth 8 mean that a character can run simultaneously 4 computer/2 programs (4x2 =8)?
From FB group: Bandwith 8 means storage. Computer 2 means the maximum level of program the wafer can run. The wafer can store up to 8 levels of programming but can only use up to 2 levels at the same time. You can run one level 2 program or a level 1 program + another level 1 program at the same time.

Mezuka

Hero
Finished the creation of the first character. The player wanted an Archeologist with survival skills. Worked out rather well. He did make 2 enemies and 1 ally. All are women. The first enemy he made during university. The player told me his character messed around with the woman's research data as a 'prank'. She had to rewrite her thesis. The second enemy he made was a love interest during his first term as a field researcher. His ally is a romantic interest met during his last term in field research. Quite a ladies' man!

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Finished the creation of the first character. The player wanted an Archeologist with survival skills. Worked out rather well. He did make 2 enemies and 1 ally. All are women. The first enemy he made during university. The player told me his character messed around with the woman's research data as a 'prank'. She had to rewrite her thesis. The second enemy he made was a love interest during his first term as a field researcher. His ally is a romantic interest met during his last term in field research. Quite a ladies' man!
The science careers are pretty easy to survive in. I have made me several in my time and they always have a good spread of skills.

Kinda jealous, I am always a ref and never a player it seems in Traveller.

Mezuka

Hero
The science careers are pretty easy to survive in. I have made me several in my time and they always have a good spread of skills.

Kinda jealous, I am always a ref and never a player it seems in Traveller.
I'm the Ref actualy.

Mezuka

Hero
I few pictures from the 2022 Core Book Update

GwzkPx1.jpg

WenCsSt.jpg

4Ctv0EV.jpg

Remove ads