Payn's Ponderings Traveller Editions

Thomas Shey

Legend
If you want XPs in MT2 you need to look at the Companion Book. The core only includes advancement by studying, outside of adventuring, for several weeks. This can be done during space travel between destinations.

Maybe its MT2 I have, now that I think about it.

Mezuka

Hero
Two more characters were generated last evening. A noble diplomat and a scout surveyor. I now have four players. A fifth may join. Session zero is set to take place on April 1st. We will establish how the characters met and what type of company they want to set up. Then we will begin the first adventure.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Two more characters were generated last evening. A noble diplomat and a scout surveyor. I now have four players. A fifth may join. Session zero is set to take place on April 1st. We will establish how the characters met and what type of company they want to set up. Then we will begin the first adventure.
Are you running a campaign from Mongoose or making up your own adventures?

Mezuka

Hero
Are you running a campaign from Mongoose or making up your own adventures?
I'm using the setting from Coriolis as a sector. I'll adapt the Coriolis adventures I already have and know.

The idea: A colony ship, from the Empire, en route to an unexplored sector, was diverted from its destination by the sudden opening of a wormhole. The colony ship couldn't avert it. The wormhole disappeared once the ship was on the other side. The colonists were cut off from the Empire and don't know where they are.

Fast forward 300 years later. The colonists have the space station Coriolis, created from the colony ship, and a major city on the nearby planet Kua. PCs will probably be explorers from what I can tell. The system contains 32 planets plus moons. The sector is mostly unexplored. The regions that are explored only have minor colonies, industrial plants extra resources, etc. Artifacts of ancient alien civilizations abound. Some are extremely dangerous if tampered with.

A question remains. Was the wormhole deliberately placed on their path? If yes by whom?

Last edited:

payn

I'm using the setting from Coriolis as a sector. I'll adapt the Coriolis adventures I already have and know.

The idea: A colony ship, from the Empire, en route to an unexplored sector, was diverted from its destination by the sudden opening of a wormhole. The colony ship couldn't avert it. The wormhole disappeared once the ship was on the other side. The colonists were cut off from the Empire and don't know where they are.

Fast forward 300 years later. The colonists have the space station Coriolis, created from the colony ship, and a major city on the nearby planet Kua. PCs will probably be explorers from what I can tell. The system contains 32 planets plus moons. The sector is mostly unexplored. The regions that are explored only have minor colonies, industrial plants extra resources, etc. Artifacts of ancient alien civilizations abound. Some are extremely dangerous if tampered with.

A question remains. Was the wormhole deliberately placed on their path? If yes by whom?
So you are using Traveller instead of the Free League system?

Mezuka

Hero
Yeah, none of the Traveler games we ran back in the day had anything to do with the native setting.
I'm not a fan of 'Emperors in Space'.

It's also a good way to reuse the money spent on my Coriolis books. No one in this group has ever played the game. One book has a random mission generator which is perfect for PCs seeking jobs in their sector of the galaxy.

payn

My Traveller games often take place on the edge of empire space (Spinward Marches/Trojan Reach). I like having the imperial backdrop, but games that take place outside its strongest influence.

For those homebrewing its a good time to check out the sector generator guide that Mongoose just dropped.

Last edited:

Remove ads