PbP forum structure has been reorganized

Which do you think is the best forum structure from these options?

• IC as main forum and OOC plus Living Worlds as subforums (as it is now)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • OOC as main forum and IC plus Living Worlds as subforums

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • New main forum Play by Post with OOC, IC and Living Worlds as subforums (no posting in main forum)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • as option 3, but posting in main forum is possible

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • as option 3, but Living Worlds is put up as another main forum on the front page

Votes: 4 21.1%

Thanee

First Post
As said here, I asked about options to change the forum layout, but didn't really get a useful answer yet (there might still be hope, though ;)).

However, I have thought about some possible arrangements, partially based on the comments in the other thread, and so here is a new poll (likely the final one) to get some idea of what you guys would prefer. :)

Explanation of the poll choices:

1) as it is now

Playing the Game
-- Talking the Talk
-- Living Worlds (cannot be posted in)
-- -- Living EN World
-- -- Living 4th Edition
-- -- Living Eberron

2) like now, just switching Playing the Game and Talking the Talk (because Talking the Talk is the main forum to watch and also for new players to post in)

Talking the Talk (renamed to Play by Post)
-- Playing the Game
-- -- Living EN World
-- -- Living 4th Edition
-- -- Living Eberron

3) one main forum for Play by Post with all the others as subforums... Talking the Talk, Playing the Game, (possibly also the Rogue's Gallery; maybe only as a link to Plots & Places, if that is doable), and the Living Worlds main forum; the Play by Post forum is just a "wrapper" (as Living Worlds is now) and cannot be used to post in

Play by Post (cannot be posted in)
-- Talking the Talk
-- Playing the Game
-- (Rogue's Gallery) (maybe)
-- -- Living EN World
-- -- Living 4th Edition
-- -- Living Eberron

4) as 3), just that Play by Post is also a regular forum to post in, in order to divide OOC talk for games (Talking the Talk) and recruitment threads and general discussions about PbP gaming (Play by Post main forum)

Play by Post
-- Talking the Talk
-- Playing the Game
-- -- Living EN World
-- -- Living 4th Edition
-- -- Living Eberron

5) as 3) but with Living Worlds as a seperate main forum on the front index page of EN World, in order to showcase the Living Worlds and to be able to reach them with a single click on the subforum (otherwise, as it is now, you can only reach them in two steps, one click on Living Worlds and then another on the specific subforum)

Play by Post (cannot be posted in)
-- Talking the Talk
-- Playing the Game
Living Worlds (cannot be posted in)
-- Living EN World
-- Living 4th Edition
-- Living Eberron

If more information is required, ask! :)

Based on the outcome of this poll, I will ask the admins to make the appopriate changes to the layout; cannot make any promises, obviously.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'd actually also like to see the current 'Plots & Places' thread split back in half with a return of the 'Rogue's Gallery' thread appearing within Play by Post forum. It always struck me as odd that all the OOC, IC and Living game info for the PbP games were put in one corner of the forums, but the characters themselves were put elsewhere. I imagine it must be for a consolidation of threads, but it does seem odd that not everything for PbP can be found in one section.

renau1g

First Post
I think a PbP "wrapper" is the best solution as once people click on the Forums button they can see right away the PbP subforums. a RG would be nice to have as well.

Thanee

First Post
I'd actually also like to see the current 'Plots & Places' thread split back in half with a return of the 'Rogue's Gallery' thread appearing within Play by Post forum. It always struck me as odd that all the OOC, IC and Living game info for the PbP games were put in one corner of the forums, but the characters themselves were put elsewhere. I imagine it must be for a consolidation of threads, but it does seem odd that not everything for PbP can be found in one section.

Yep, totally agree there. I have this covered above with the 'bigger' options.

Of course, I'm not making this decision, I can only suggest a course to the admins and then hope for the best. :D

But I suppose, that if there is enough support for such a change here, they will consider it, even if the changes might be a bit bigger than originally (i.e. in the first poll) thought.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Yep. ;)

Though there is a clear preference for a 'wrapper' forum of some kind (options 3-5 combined vs. options 1-2 combined).

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads