PCGen 5.12.0 released

kingpaul

First Post
Halivar said:
If only they had a gestalt option (and it's OGC!).
We know its OGC, but the code monkeys have said it would take quite some time to get gestalt to work properly. You could, as a stop-gap, create datafiles for the specific classes. I realize that's a pain, but it is an option.

Charley2020

First Post
Hi. We would love to use Pcgen. But our group uses a lot those "complete" books from wotc
. And after some searching i found out, that those Data sets aren´t for sale any longer :(

Is there any chance in the near future to get thoese data sets? and how do i import them on my mac version of pcgen 5.12.0

kingpaul

First Post
Charley2020 said:
Is there any chance in the near future to get thoese data sets?
ATM, WotC has not licensed any character generator, TMK, to produce datasets. Until that happens, you'll have to enter the information on your own.
Charley2020 said:
and how do i import them on my mac version of pcgen 5.12.0
You can create your own datasets.

Charley2020

First Post
is it possible to share Datasets?

I am far from being a programmer or somthing like that. Creating my own (for Example) "complete arcane" is just impossible for me. I have to run that group, do al drawing, and stuff. I need pcgen to help me spending less time.

If i start creating datasets, (in fact i have to learn how to do it first) the efficenty if the program is gone.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Charley2020 said:

I am far from being a programmer or somthing like that. Creating my own (for Example) "complete arcane" is just impossible for me. I have to run that group, do al drawing, and stuff. I need pcgen to help me spending less time.

If i start creating datasets, (in fact i have to learn how to do it first) the efficenty if the program is gone.

Legally - no you may not share datasets.

Functionally yes, just like any other data file on the net it is easy enough to do so.

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
PCGen File is Corrupted

Can anyone tell me why the last couple of versions of PCGen that I download always show the file as corrupted and won't install? I can download other programs successfully....

kingpaul

First Post
Charley2020 said:
As long as you follow the OGL, yes.
Charley2020 said:
Creating my own (for Example) "complete arcane" is just impossible for me.
Complete Arcane is not an open source book. You can create datasets for your own use.

kingpaul

First Post
AnthonyRoberson said:
Can anyone tell me why the last couple of versions of PCGen that I download always show the file as corrupted and won't install? I can download other programs successfully....
What file(s) have you d/l'd that you're having problems with?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Hmmm, perhaps AnthonyRoberson needs to do an install into a clean folder, after deleting the old folder? I seem to recall that happening to me a few years back.

The Auld Grump

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
TheAuldGrump said:
Hmmm, perhaps AnthonyRoberson needs to do an install into a clean folder, after deleting the old folder? I seem to recall that happening to me a few years back.

The Auld Grump
I would second that approach. It works for me. Also makes it easier to move the 'custom' stuff over as well.

Remove ads