PCGen 5.12.0 released

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
kingpaul said:
What file(s) have you d/l'd that you're having problems with?

I'm having trouble with the pcgen5120_win_install file. When I try to run it, I get the message that the archive is corrupted. No clue why. Both computers that I have tried to install it on DO have older versions of PCGen installed.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
I think that there was a issue with the windows based installer not to long ago. I'll post to the installer monkey's and see if it affected this installer also.

Since you already have Java installed you could just grab the PCGen_Full.zip file and use that the only thing the installer really does is install Java essentially.

JDempsey

First Post
Windows Install Troubles

Hi Anthony,

AnthonyRoberson said:
I'm having trouble with the pcgen5120_win_install file. When I try to run it, I get the message that the archive is corrupted. No clue why. Both computers that I have tried to install it on DO have older versions of PCGen installed.

It sounds like the archive install file hasn't downloaded properly. I just downloaded the file from SourceForge to make sure it works and it does for me.

What I would recommend is to turn off any download optimisers before downloading and then click on the first green button in the page http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php

When you get the file, could you check that it has a file size of 20,957Kb (21,459,726 bytes). This is the size of the file that I downloaded and installed successfully.

If the files size is still incorrect, SourceForge allows you to change your download server. I'd recommend trying a different one to the default. If that works, please let me know which one gave you the corrupt file and I'll report it to SourceForge.

Cheers,
James Dempsey
PCGen Code SilverBack

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
JDempsey said:
Hi Anthony,

It sounds like the archive install file hasn't downloaded properly. I just downloaded the file from SourceForge to make sure it works and it does for me.

What I would recommend is to turn off any download optimisers before downloading and then click on the first green button in the page http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php

When you get the file, could you check that it has a file size of 20,957Kb (21,459,726 bytes). This is the size of the file that I downloaded and installed successfully.

If the files size is still incorrect, SourceForge allows you to change your download server. I'd recommend trying a different one to the default. If that works, please let me know which one gave you the corrupt file and I'll report it to SourceForge.

Cheers,
James Dempsey
PCGen Code SilverBack

Thanks for the info, James! I'll try this and see if it works.

Remove ads