• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PDFS--Of the WotC Court Case

pawsplay

Hero
I'm sure I'm as tired as you are, pawsplay.

There's a world of difference between explicating a viewpoint and simply claiming, ad hominem, that your opponents are a bunch of rationalizing free riders. I am not tired of refuting the spurious claim that criticism of the modern copyright system is merely self-serving.

Baron Opal

First Post
I have not accused anyone on this board. If you can find so quote it and I'll apologize. My comments come from my direct experience with past associates and roommates who had no compunctions against their theft.

Neither am I claiming that criticism of the system is self serving. I am claiming the infringement is wrong, regarless of how easy or consequence free it seems to be.

pawsplay

Hero
I have not accused anyone on this board. If you can find so quote it and I'll apologize. My comments come from my direct experience with past associates and roommates who had no compunctions against their theft.

Neither am I claiming that criticism of the system is self serving. I am claiming the infringement is wrong, regarless of how easy or consequence free it seems to be.

Perhaps you meant no offense, but I have trouble interpreting this

Baron Opal said:
I'm really tired of people denying that they aren't downloading libraries of books, music and movies from the internet so they can play without paying.

as anything other than an accusation against anyone who questions your views on infringement. Obviously, if your friends are saying they ARE downloading material, this comment is not directed at them. It must be directed at people who say they are not downloading stuff without paying for it. In this case, it appears to me that the group of people you are referring to in this discussion are those who do not take a hard line against piracy. You seem to be saying that the line of argument is self-serving. Perhaps I have misinterpreted you. Saying "My experience is..." just sounds like an attempt to defend what you have just stated, without modifying your stated viewpoint, which I perceive to be what I have just stated.

So, in short, if you are not interested in apologizing, so be it.

Remove ads