Peregrinations of the Shard

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The actual meaning of the glyphs is not apparent, nor would it likely be save to a careful examination by someone who is trained in deciphering the hidden meanings of writings. Or at least, it isn't a recognisable language or even typical arcane runes. The best Tenebrynn can guess is that it is a runic pictograph designed apart from the usual writing system of the creator in order to render it impervious to, for instance, the spell Comprehend Languages.*

Knight Otu

First Post
Unlike Tenebrynn, Ashnar wards herself with a mage armor spell. She also looks around for any clues the others might have overlooked, carefully looking at the glyphs and the statues.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn tries to use his meagre skills with deciphering scripts to see if he can make heads or tails of the non-language runes.

ooc: Decipher Script +8

Velmont

First Post
"Does someone knows any legend about two women?" asks Rinaldo. "I wonder if they are suppose to represent two nameless women or two known ones."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thats a good question. I've been absorbed in studying the runes, let me take a closer look." replies Tenebrynn.

Knowledge (arcana)+18
Knowledge (history)+10
Knowledge (religion)+10
Knowledge (nature)+6
Knowledge (the planes)+11
Knowledge (dungeoneering)+6
Knowledge (local)+7

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Tenebrynn tasks his quite-formidable mind to finding stories about two women. He does find many, but he is also smart enough to discard each one as a theory for the current situation. His ability to decode unusual tongues and cryptograms, however, does allow him to deduce the purpose of the runes, at least in part. It seems that each one refers to elemental, energy, divine, arcane, and natural power sources and ley lines. Cross-referencing with Rinaldo's notes and translations into several languages, they find three runes that can be translated into words that begin with 'Ly' 'Ru' and 'Al'. Touching each in turn causes the double-doors to swing open, inviting the group to continue inward. Once inside, they see a large green crystal set like a button near a large blank wall.*

Erekose13

Explorer
"I'm not sure what Ly Ru Al has to do with our current situation, but after you. Anything look out of place in there Rinaldo?" offers Tenebrynn.

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf feels a bit twitchy waiting on the merchant adventurer to sweep for traps, and he concentrates on enhancing his senses to better avoid such threats.

Manifest Danger Sense: +4 insight to AC v traps and Saves v. Traps; Uncanny Dodge (8 pp, 9 hour duration)

33 of 41 pp remaining

Remove ads