[perhaps slightly OT] Steve Jackson's Munchkin

So, our regular d20 Star Wars game didn't run tonight, because a couple of players couldn't make it. Instead, we played three games of (our usual backup) Munchkin.

I won all three.

I won all three by being a level 9 cleric when the Divine Intervention card came up.

Ha!

(sorry about that - I just felt a terrible need to gloat somewhere where there was a slight chance someone would know what I was going on about...)

daTim

First Post
You havent really played Munchkin until you add in all 3 Munchkin decks, Star Munchkin and Munchkin-Fu, then tie them together with the brand new Munchkin Blender and the expanded classes and abilities from the books!

Good play by the way. I hate that card.

buzzard

First Post
I have played Munchkin and it is good fun.

Tommorow night I will be playing my second installment of our of our more colorful local living campaigns- Cheesy Munchkin Adventures. This is based on Munchkin D20, and your goal (of course) is to be as cheesy as possible. Cheesiest player at the con wins a block of good cheese.

Honestly I'm not really in the running for cheese factor. Some of the notable cheese whizzes have been the guy who has collected EVERY class that offers a sneak attack die at 1st level and has been taking all of them. He was 3rd when I played with him and did 4d6 of sneak attack damage (found another die somewhere in UA). Another guy got a sidekick out of BESM D20 which gives him an (almost) indestructable forcefield.

Sadly, I just have a pretty broken AC (30+ at 3rd level).

buzzard

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
humble minion said:
I won all three by being a level 9 cleric when the Divine Intervention card came up.

I've played Munchkin twice, and thoroughly enjoyed it - one two-hand game, and one three-hand game.

I won both hands first time... one by a dazzling display of rules-lawyery that left people speechless ;)

Second time, though, I came close in all three hands, but could never quite get over the top...

-Hyp.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Can you tell me about this game? I keep seeing it but when I did have extra money, I picked up Dungoneer by Atlas instead.

Is there a new edition or a master edition?

BrooklynKnight

First Post
HEre is what you got.

Munchkin, Munchkin 2, Munchkin 3, Munchkin 3.5 (Limited Release)
Star Munchkin, Star Munchkin 2
Munchkin Fu
Munchkin Blender

The 3 primary boxes are Munchkin, Star Munchkin and Munchkin fu. All the others are expansions. The game really is as fun as all hell.

spectre72

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
HEre is what you got.

Munchkin, Munchkin 2, Munchkin 3, Munchkin 3.5 (Limited Release)
Star Munchkin, Star Munchkin 2
Munchkin Fu
Munchkin Blender

The 3 primary boxes are Munchkin, Star Munchkin and Munchkin fu. All the others are expansions. The game really is as fun as all hell.

And coming this fall....

Munchkin Bites :)

JoeGKushner

First Post
Sounds interesting. Is this standard board game or assemble board game where you make the board out of cards included in the box?

What's the cost? I've seen some compalints that it's a tad on the expensive side for what you get.

How are the materials? Solid? Any quick wear and tear to be aware of?

tjoneslo

First Post
http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/game/

It's a non-collectable card game. It works in a similar fashion to most CCGs. (The rules on on the above page if you want details). It is definitly a silly game and a great party game or something to fill a gaming session when the GM's sick.

Nothing quite like unleashing the laser-dazer-phophaser-bananna-danana-bobaser duck taped to the mace of sharpness on the ancient-huge-last-of-it-race-baby Pukachu-with it's mother.

Last edited:

Remove ads