Steve Jackson Games Announces 2024 Release Schedule

The Fantasy Trip and Choose Cthulhu getting new releases plus Munchkin Shadowrun and Age of Sigmar

Steve Jackson Games announced their 2024 product release schedule. Meredith Placko, the new CEO fo Steve Jackson Games, posted a list of upcoming releases and crowdfunding campaigns expected in the upcoming year. Several new RPG releases are here among the Munchkin expansions, Car Wars sourcebooks, and new miniatures for OGRE.

2024Releases.jpg

Starting in February, The Fantasy Trip Bestiary is scheduled for release along with a Kickstarter launching for Munchkin Shadowrun which has an expected July 2024 release.

May will see a Kickstarter for an untitled collection of one-page RPGs with an estimated August 2024 release.

July will have the release of another tie-in Munchkin: Age of Sigmar: Dire Domains along with a Kickstarter for Foes 3, the third entry in the line of 3D printable fantasy miniatures.

August has a scheduled Kickstarter for Choose Cthulhu Books 7-10, expanding the offering of choose-your-own-adventure style books covering the classic works of H.P. Lovecraft.

There will also be two Kickstarters for Hexagram, the magazine for The Fantasy Trip with #12 in January for a March release, #13 in June for an August release, and #14 in December for a February 2025 release.

Throughout the year, the company looks to expand on their PDF offerings of classic GURPS books with digital re-releases of Template Toolkit: Spirits in February, Infinite Worlds: Atlantropa in April, Meta-Tech in June, Fantasy Folk: The Reptilian Races in August, Monster Hunters Adventure: The Face of Fire in October, and Loadouts: Starship Crew in December.

The release also mentions “semi-secret projects in the works” and one title in November is listed simply as [Redacted]. Meredith Placko said in the update “One is so secret that if I say any more, I'll be [REDACTED]. And just wait for our all-new as-yet-to-be-titled RPG project!” Knowing Steve Jackson Games’s love of exploring conspiracy theories in games, that may very well be the title.

Placko also was sure to point out that “dates are always subject to change based on manufacturing and shipping issues”.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

StarkMaximum

Explorer
It's so wild to me that Steve Jackson Games didn't just make a Groo game, but they made a second, improved edition of it. Clearly Groo has fans, because I recall hearing that this was a Kickstarter thing, but I haven't heard hide nor hair about Groo in ages. I only learned about it because YouTube, out of nowhere, recommended me, of all things, a Groo-centric channel doing a review of it. And you know what, the game looks pretty good! I might actually get this Groo game in the year of our lord 2025!

Abstruse

Legend
I want to be clear that the description of Choose Cthulhu as "choose your own adventure" is solely my own. Chooseco is very litigious when it comes to their trademark on the phrase "Choose Your Own Adventure" and I wouldn't want anyone to think Steve Jackson Games described them with that term. They used the generic term "Adventure Books" to describe the series.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It's so wild to me that Steve Jackson Games didn't just make a Groo game, but they made a second, improved edition of it. Clearly Groo has fans, because I recall hearing that this was a Kickstarter thing, but I haven't heard hide nor hair about Groo in ages. I only learned about it because YouTube, out of nowhere, recommended me, of all things, a Groo-centric channel doing a review of it. And you know what, the game looks pretty good! I might actually get this Groo game in the year of our lord 2025!
The comic is still going!

Throughout the year, the company looks to expand on their PDF offerings of classic GURPS books with digital re-releases of Template Toolkit: Spirits in February, Infinite Worlds: Atlantropa in April, Meta-Tech in June, Fantasy Folk: The Reptilian Races in August, Monster Hunters Adventure: The Face of Fire in October, and Loadouts: Starship Crew in December.
There's a mis-phrasing here. All of those GURPS titles are new products, not re-releases of older ones. SJ Games will presumably do some PDF re-releases as well, but those titles aren't listed.

Ulfgeir

Hero
If I recall correctly from the electronically based briefing that Friend computer sent earlier, any speculation on the [redacted] project is above my security clearance... Time to kick in some appropriately colour-code doors... :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads