• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Personalized Powers

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Cause Fear, in three modes...

Holy Mesmeris
Our priest is a gentle holyman, I have yet to see him even intimidate anyone. He talks quietly to the beast and it looks up as it scrambles back ignoring all else like it is seeing something really huge.

Divine Invulnerability aka Two Places at Once.
First he is attacking the monster pressing it hard and protected with divine glow it can't hurt him ... his attacks push the thing not the steady pace you would expect but nearly an outright run and after a moment I realize he is still standing where he was but the monster is well and truly distant.

The Inward Turned Eye.
This miracle forces them to look in to the darkness of their own heart, trust me it is more terrible than even divine wrath... Where they think they are running Im not sure they really can't get away from it, perhaps that is why they stop after a moment.

Leif

Adventurer
Your discomfort with cleric powers is evident because of the fact that you wrote all of these powers in the 3rd person instead of the 2nd person (saying "he does so and so" instead of "you do so and so"). Oddly enough, I have been strangely and inexplicably drawn to 4E clerics. The first 4E character that I created was a wizard but that was done just to familiarize myself with the system. The first 4E character that I played was a cleric and the one or two that I have played since that time have also been clerics. :) Even with the plethora of new classes in PH2 and all the other books, I still don't think that there is a class that beats the lowly cleric!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Your discomfort with cleric powers is evident because of the fact that you wrote all of these powers in the 3rd person instead of the 2nd person (saying "he does so and so" instead of "you do so and so").
Inward Turned Eye description is meant to be from the point of view of somebody who knows what the power is doing, ie more the Cleric themself. It is first person. I am fond of first person and third person as they take the pov of a character in the world. The fact that only one of the descriptions is really first person is more telling.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Reminder of the Divine Touch
clutching the symbol of my goddess I concentrate on the moment of divine creation, stars and suns exploding in a cosmic soup and light bursts from wounds across their body, everything has been touched by the divine light of creation this is just a little reminder of that touch

And that one is very much first person.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads