[PF]Cruel skies IC

ghostcat

First Post
"No leave enemy behind." says Throrg. He starts to rummage around in his backpack and eventually extracts an Everburning Torch "Throrg have light."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien holds out her hand to steady the big man, "Hold on big guy, let's not be hasty. I got one of those too if necessary. But we have horses to rescue and the others might have an opinion."

Shar sits on her haunches and spares a look down the tunnel before returning to her grooming. Clearly her vote is indifference.

[sblock=OOC]Anyone else want to chime in on the group's course of action? Right now I think Tyrien would vote to move on, but she is somewhat impetuous and vengeful so she can be talked into heading into the tunnel as well.[/sblock]

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien's Sheet
Sharliel.jpg

Werit grunts then shoots a look at the tunnel hole. "Dark won't matter ter me eyes, I kin see. Seems ter me huntin' the owner of them tracks an' huntin' the caravan thieves're one an' tha same. I say down the hole we go." The dwarf pauses a touch and hoists the heavy leather belt at his hips. "What we shouldna do is split up. Aye, splittin' up's a bad way ter go. Stick ta'gether, whichever way it 'tis."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien pulls out her Everburning Torch as well and puts it into the special holder in her backpack, tied in place so the light shines from above her left shoulder.

"Sorry Shar, that settles it, we are going. Go ahead, big guy, lead the way. Werit can follow you, then me and Shar, leaving Elerion and Oog to cover the rear."

The ranger pickets the horses in the shade of the ravine wall and she is ready to follow along, longbow in hand and an arrow ready.

[sblock=OOC]So Shar and Elerion abstain. 2 votes to go in, Tyrien will go either way leaving Oog outvoted if he disagrees. We have a consensus. :)[/sblock]

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien's Sheet
Sharliel.jpg

Werit stuffs the hilt of his greataxe down a touch--no need to scrape the top of the hilt against the tunnel ceiling. Hefting his dwarven waraxe, the priest shifts the weight of his pack then trundles forward to warily peer into the mouth of the cave.

OOC: Ready an action, attack a foe if it comes at us. Darkvision 90'. What's down there?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien will urge Werit and Throrg to keep going until we either see or hear something or until we reach an intersection of the tunnel. If the intersection has nothing seen or heard to help us decide which way to go, she will suggest the right-most one. If things get too winding, she will pull out the compass on the lanyard around her neck to check occasionally.

She will suggest, "Let's move slowly, stopping every 10-15 feet so I can listen for trouble without you two clanking in front of me."

[sblock=OOC]Take 10 on Perception for 24. Take 10 on Knowledge Dungeoneering (15) and Survival (21 with Compass) to keep from getting lost.[/sblock]

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien's Sheet
Sharliel.jpg

ghostcat

First Post
Throrg doesn't have the special holder for his torch that Tyrien has and after fiddling about trying to juggle his torch and his (two-handed) sword, he eventually gives up and puts the torch back in his backpack.

Sword in hand Throrg creeps down the corridor stopping periodically as ordered.

Werit shoots a glance back at the bossy ranger, then settles in to clank down the tunnel behind Throrg. Second in line, the priest peers forward into the dark, trying to see.

Lughart

First Post
The tunnel keeps spiraling downwards, and were it not for Tyriens compass you would have lost your sense of direction completely. Stopping so often makes the descent slow and tedius. After walking for about two minutes you hear the tapping of footsteps stop entirely, and the tunnel becomes dead quiet. As you keep descending the air becomes humid, and the ground moist. It would seem there is an underground water source nearby.

Five minutes later the tunnel opens up into a large chamber, more than 50' across. The chambers walls have a glazed appearance, as if covered in glass. There are four more tunnels leading out of the room, and a much larger one leading further down. The tracks lead into this room.

The wounded hornets stand about 30' into the chamber. Eight more hornets fill the room, but seven of them are much smaller, about the size of small dogs. Every single hornet is looking at you, standing still as stones and making no sound whatsoever. The room is eerily quiet.

[sblock=OOC]No combat yet unless you want to attack. If you plan on attacking or casting an offensive spell, roll initiative with your actions.

Also, I'm kinda assuming a marching order here. Only three of you posted yourself into the marching order, and it wasn't completely clear if everyone went down the tunnel or not. If you want to change this, say so in you next post.[/sblock]

Code:
  [COLOR=Sienna]lAlBlClDlElFlGlHlIlJlKlLlMlNlOl
 0lOlOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]E[/COLOR]l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]O[/COLOR]l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOl
 1lOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]T[/COLOR]l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]s[/COLOR]l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOl
 2lOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]W[/COLOR]l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOlOl
 3lOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]R[/COLOR]l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOlOl
 4lOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOlOl
 5lOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l l[/COLOR]OlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l[/COLOR]
 6lOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l l l l l[/COLOR]O[COLOR=White]l l[/COLOR]Ol
 7lOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR]Ol
 8lOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR]OlOlOl
 9lOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR]OlOlOl
10[COLOR=White]l l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]h[/COLOR]l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]h[/COLOR]l l l l[/COLOR]OlOl
11lOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]h[/COLOR]l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]w[/COLOR]l l[/COLOR]OlOl
12lOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]w[/COLOR]l l l l[/COLOR]OlOl
13lOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]w[/COLOR]l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]w[/COLOR]l l l[/COLOR]OlOl
14lOlO[COLOR=White]l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]w[/COLOR]l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]w[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Sienna][COLOR=White]l l l l[/COLOR]OlOlOl
15lOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR]OlOl
16lOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]w[/COLOR]l l l l[/COLOR]O[COLOR=White]l l l l[/COLOR]
17lOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l l l l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOl
18lOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOl
19lOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOl
20lOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOl
21lOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOl
[/COLOR] 
h = hornet soldier
w = hornet worker

Last edited:

Remove ads