PFS 2-15: Shades of Ice I - Written in Blood

mkb152

Explorer
Before the evening, you are joined by the wizard Pathfinder Ezren, who was sent to replace your lost companion who must be in another tavern deep in drink.

You reach the tavern you are looking for near nightfall.

The Horned Helm is a low-slung, two-story building of questionable construction leaning heavily over a shoddy corner of mud and brick in the dankest, filthiest parcel of land in all of the market. It has no windows, as they’ve all been broken and boarded over; its only door looks like a simple plank of wood covered in scratches, burns, and probably blood stains. Noise, heat, and smoke pour out from under that door and rise to a staggering crescendo of laughter as the door swings lazily open and two bodies are unceremoniously dumped into the rutted, frozen mud streets outside. A battered sign hangs above the door, swinging on two chains, one shorter than the other. It bears the faded image of an Ulfen helm with two ridiculously large horns.

As you walk in the tavern, you find that two iron furnaces full of coal are burning full steam, causing the temperature to be over 100 degrees F. As you walk in, you all find your self being mocked with catcalls by the crowd. The bartender is the worst offender. This large one armed man hurls insults at little Etain in particular, but then turns on other nearby patrons.

GM: Perception checks.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
upon entering the Inn she finds that she has grown just a tad bit overly toasty with all her cold weather gear on, so she removes her coat at the least, leaving her with a linen blouse on underneath that preserves her modesty, but still allows her to stay cooler in this heated environment. Lien is however completely oblivious to anything other than the heat in the chamber having not even enough sense to pay attention to where her friends are going or what sounds are coming from the surrounding crowd. She is in her own little bubble world at the moment.

OOC: Joy, natural 1 on perception. Something tells me I am going to utterly regret that roll in a few in game minutes...

vl.arandur

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, guys; family emergency. It's been hectic. Everyone's all right; don't worry. I'll rejoin when I can, but it might be a bit. GM, please feel free to play my character according to the dictates of your own conscience, and consistent with the characterization which he/she has already exhibited.

I'm really, really sorry to inconvenience you, and I hope to rejoin the game soon.[/sblock]

mkb152

Explorer
GM: I am OK with going on hiatis for awhile, but I'd like to finish at some point. Or we can press on... What do you all want me to do?
Sorry for the delay.

Remove ads