• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS #7: Among the Living

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Miryam checks her disguise one last time to make sure she still looks like Quint.

Miryam steps out, pick in hand, and approaches the cult leader. "Those Pathfinders aren't here?" she says, quickly looking around. "I'll stand guard as Tarn hunts them down." She stands close, hefting the pick, and trying to get a close look at his belongings.

IronWolf

blank
Miryam is confident her disguise is still intact and should have a few more minutes left as she makes note of the time that has passed.

She steps into the chamber confidently, pick in hand, as she nears the somewhat surprised man near the glowing stone. His surprise fades as he then shows recognition.

"They are not here yet, I heard a noise in that tunnel and sent Tarm to investigate. How did they make their way past you?" the man replies, his attention towards the south side tunnel as Tarn continues down carefully away from the chamber.

Miryam looks over the man she stands near and notices the finely cared for half plate armor and shield, the pick in hand seeming to be of excellent quality. Hanging from the man's neck appears to be a holy symbol of Zyphus.

The shambling walking dead continues to shuffle aimlessly in the corner of the chamber.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jalil catches on that there's a foe moving up the south tunnel, and once more tries to move - this time he's aiming for the tunnel out, hoping to come in behind whoever's coming up to catch them by surprise. Unfortunately, the slick rocks once more stymie his attempts and his feet splash in the water as he's stuck where he is.

[sblock=OOC]Acrobatics, Stealth (1d20+1=8, 1d20+1=8) - Crap! Well, maybe I'm getting all of the bad rolls out of the way before the fight . . .

I just PM'd [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] to ask if he'd stick with us through this encounter so we can keep our legal table. (I think we need him, don't we? We surely need him to live through this :D).[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

I know what you mean on the acro rolls. When I played this one, my character spent way too many rounds in this tunnel! ;)

It would be awesome if renau1g could finish this encounter out with us. Definitely keeps the table legal that way.

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] if you can finish up with us, feel free to assume you locked up the prisoner in a storage closet and followed with Jalil and Kyra into the tunnel.

[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
OOC: Adding an updated map to more accurately reflect current positioning and to include Rynn.

[sblock=Updated Map]
opera_basement_map.png

[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"They paralyzed us and ran past. I broke the enchantment and followed them here... Keep up the ceremony, I'll stand guard until Tarn returns with their bodies."

IronWolf

blank
"Paralyzed you? the man replies with skepticism. "And how exactly did you break this enchantment?"

The man glances down the tunnel where Tarn went and tightens his grip on his pick as he waits for Miryam's response.

[sblock=Map]

opera_basement_map.png

[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"I don't know, it's magic!" Miryam retorts. She grunts. "Fine, I'll go hunt them down." She turns to leave, half expecting a strike to her back.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads