• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS #7: Among the Living

renau1g

First Post
Seeing Jalil stop, Rynn follows suit, her long curved blade is unsheathed.

OOC: Can one trigger a spell casting as a readied action? I think so but just wanted to confirm. I would have Rynn ready casting Shield of Faith on herself upon sight of the enemy

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Would you mind if "half expecting a strike to her back" means "readies an action to perform a bare-handed disarm should he approach and swing"?
[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=renau1g]
OOC: Can one trigger a spell casting as a readied action? I think so but just wanted to confirm. I would have Rynn ready casting Shield of Faith on herself upon sight of the enemy

Yes. You are good with readying a spell as a readied action. You can ready a move action, standard action, swift action or immediate action - so you're covered!
[/sblock]

[sblock=InVinoVeritas]
[sblock=ooc]
Would you mind if "half expecting a strike to her back" means "readies an action to perform a bare-handed disarm should he approach and swing"?
[/sblock]

I am good with that.

[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
As Miryam turns to leave she catches the motion of the man swinging his pick towards her as he calls out "Seize this one and check for others!"

The shuffling zombie in the corner starts to move towards the stone.

The other warrior in the south tunnel reaches the tunnel seemingly intent to continue onwards into the storage room and not noticing Jalil or Rynn in the northern tunnel.

[sblock=OOC]

Miryam, go ahead and make your readied disarm rolls before you are hit. Rynn, feel free to cast your readied spell.

Depending on Miryam's disarm attempt we'll see if the cleric type near Miryam gets to roll an attack/damage roll and move into round by round action. Please roll initiative.

[sblock=Updated Map]
opera_basement_map.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Warrior Perception Check -- 1d20=3
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
The man makes a heavy swing with the pick he wields as Miryam makes a grasp for the moving weapon but misses. The move was enough to throw the aim off though as the pick goes harmlessly pass as Miryam twists out of the way.

[sblock=OOC]

Go ahead and roll init and we'll go into combat rounds.

[sblock=OOC]
opera_basement_map.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Cleric Attack -- 1d20+3=11
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jalil holds himself still as the sounds of combat echo down the hall from the room ahead. His eyes are on the armored warrior as he gestures to Rynn to be ready. Maybe he'll go back to the room the way he came and still won't notice us, then we can come in behind him . . .

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Since Miryam's readied action went off last turn, I'll set her initiative to "just before the leader."
[/sblock]

Looking over the half-plate of the leader, and the approaching zombie, she decides it is best to head for cover and work with her compatriots. Miryam withdraws down the south tunnel.

Remove ads