PFS #7: Among the Living

IronWolf

blank
Miryam moves with surprising speed across the slippery rock, her whip snaps out towards the warrior battling Jalil. The whip snakes past Jalil but fails to strike its target as Miryam moves forward.

Jalil makes another attack on the warrior he is facing off with and again his strike goes wide, the effort to keep sure footing likely contributing to the errant strike. The warrior makes another heavy swing with his pick but between trying to stay upright and catching the motion of Rynn closing quickly misses Jalil again.

Rynn reaches the warrior, striking out, but fails to hit. A crossbow bolt from Kyra's crossbow leaps down the tunnel, again striking the rock wall far from its target as she struggles with hitting the warrior while avoiding her companions.

Kyra glances at the human leader near the glowing stone and sees him making movements with his hands as if casting a spell, but unable to tell what.

At the end of the southern tunnel the zombie tries to stand and after a brief slip manages to stand upright. It issues a guttural moan and prepares to move further down the tunnel towards the battle taking place ahead.

[sblock=OOC]

Party Health

Miryam: Unharmed
Jalil: Unharmed
Rynn: Unharmed
Kyra: Unharmed

Enemy Health

Human Leader: Unharmed
Human Warrior: Unharmed
Zombie (prone): Unharmed

[sblock=Updated Map]
opera_basement_map.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Kyra Attack -- 1d20-4=-3
Warrior Attack on Jalil -- 1d20+2=6
Zombie to stand -- 1d20=10

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Do you have him?" Miryam asks. "We cannot otherwise wait!"

The dancer flips back up the northern hall past Kyra, heading back for the chamber with the Zyphus Stone.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jalil curses as he swings again, and once more the slippery footing in the tunnel spoils his aim. Frustration overcomes his usual stoicism, and he snaps uncharacteristically at Miryam as she dances away. "Have him? I suppose I might have him if I could actually hit him! Bright Lady preserve me, I can't keep my footing in this benighted place!"

[sblock=Actions]Attack (1d20+1=4) and miss.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Rynn takes a breath to calm herself down. She knew better than to launch into such a wild assault, "I must be spending too much time amongst these humans, I've grown rash" she thinks to herself in the moment when she gathers her calm.

The swordswoman then begins a series of feints, stabs, and slashes, her assault far more effective then her last attack.

[sblock=ooc]
Note: AC is currently 19 (16 base +2 deflection from Shield of Faith and +1 from trait)

MBA (1d20+5=20, 1d10+4=14)[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Miryam moves on past the fight with the warrior seeing Jalil and Rynn both engaging the man. With ease she continues her dance along the north hall moving towards the chamber with the glowing Zyphus Stone.

Jalil again tries to keep the pressure on the warrior as Miryam goes twirling by moving towards the north tunnel. Jalil makes another futile swing at the warrior failing to strike him once again the challenge of staying upright on the slippery floor making things difficult.

Rynn seems to visibly calm and slip into a calm and confident state as she begins a series of skilled feints and slashes. The flurry quickly overwhelms the warrior's defenses as she slips the blade in under a high block and sends it plunging into the warrior's chest finding a weak point in his chain shirt. The man's pick clatters to the floor as he slips off the blade and falls to the wet floor motionless.

Kyra, seeing Miryam coming her way and the warrior fall to Rynn's blow, begins to move to help Miryam where she can.

The man near the glowing stone bellows to the zombie "Move! Help Tarn!" he says as he hefts his pick and keeps his eye on the tunnel entrances into the chamber with the stone.

The zombie continues to grunt, the sound echoing down the tunnel towards Jalil and Rynn as it lurches forward across the slippery tunnel floor.

[sblock=OOC]

Party Health

Miryam: Unharmed
Jalil: Unharmed
Rynn: Unharmed
Kyra: Unharmed

Enemy Health

Human Leader: Unharmed
Human Warrior: Dead
Zombie: Unharmed

[sblock=Updated Map]
opera_basement_map.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Zombie Acro Check -- 1d20=19
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Is the zombie still prone, or did it manage to rise and begin moving toward us? The status says prone, but the description text makes it sound as though it's on its feet.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jalil sees the zombie on its feet and moving forward. "Ware the zombie, Rynn!" He moves forward to meet the creature, but as he springs into motion the treacherous footing betrays him; he ends up on his face with a mouthful of the foul water. He rolls over quickly, swiping a hand across his eyes and preparing to defend himself.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Start toward the zombie, promptly fall on face.
Acrobatics Check (1d20+1=3)

The big bad Inquisitor is acquitting himself well this fight . . . :lol:[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"My footing's just fiiiine," Miryam taunts back in a singsongy manner as she rushes out of the cavern.

By Calistria's stinger, she thinks to herself as she approaches, this cursed cleric is expecting us. She thinks about how the situation looked before, and decides the best course of action would be to rush along the north side of the dais, not up the stairs but just north of it, and lash out at the Zyphus Stone itself... if the cult leader doesn't stop her.

Remove ads